testtest

Not a Glock, but Close to Perfection.

SimonRL

Hellcat
92B67994-68C1-43F0-82E3-78EC8CBF7ACB.jpeg
8B8D3A20-622B-410F-9EFA-7D83CEA22AF5.jpeg
I picked up a Shadow Sytems DR920 Elite earlier this week and finally got it to the range today. The gun is a Glock clone, but clearly hasn’t been hit with the ugly stick. It comes with a level of quality not typically associated with a bone stock G17 and a price tag to go with it. It comes with some very cool features like a slide that uses a proprietary universal optics cut that allows you to mount a large range of the most popular red dots and is milled low enough that you don’t need suppressor height sights. I installed my Romeo1Pro on it and it works perfectly. The other thing I like is that the DR920 comes with three backstraps that change the grip angle. So if you like always having to can’t your pistol down, like your garden variety Glock there’s a back strap for that. Or, if like me, you want it to feel very much like a 1911 there’s one for that two. The frame is polymer and overall the gun weighs in at 23 ounces. The trigger pull is supposed to be 4.5-5 lbs and my Wheeler Digital Guide agrees with an average pull weight of 4lbs7oz. It’s not the smoothest of triggers but Shadow Systems recommend at least a 200 rd break in period, so we shall see. The gun also has a dark bronze colored TiCN fluted barrel which gives the it a pretty distinct look.

I hear you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but how does it shoot? Really well actually.

B226178E-3C3D-4F87-9600-17488A5D7208.jpeg

100 rds 124 gr Browning.

After zeroing the red dot at 10 yds I proceeded to run it out to 18 yards and see what it would do. It performed really well hitting consistently with the 4in splatterburst targets I like to use and was on target much, much easier than the two HK P30s I recently picked up and will likely move on from in the not too distant future. The gun is a remarkably flat shooter, which surprised me as it only weighs 23oz. I put this down to it’s low bore axis. The DR920 is almost identical in size to my Archon Type B, has a bore axis as low as the Archon and shoots very, very similarly. So brand new out of the box I give the DR920 a 10 out of 10. I feel confident I will be able to shoot this gun as well as my Archon and my 226 Legion SAO RXP - which are my go-to guns.

20 rds - 12 yds. What bullseye? I’ll take that any day straight out of the box.

2FFF50B6-782D-451F-9C48-E70DAC3C3E0B.jpeg

View attachment 29412View attachment 29413I picked up a Shadow Sytems DR920 Elite earlier this week and finally got it to the range today. The gun is a Glock clone, but clearly hasn’t been hit with the ugly stick. It comes with a level of quality not typically associated with a bone stock G17 and a price tag to go with it. It comes with some very cool features like a slide that uses a proprietary universal optics cut that allows you to mount a large range of the most popular red dots and is milled low enough that you don’t need suppressor height sights. I installed my Romeo1Pro on it and it works perfectly. The other thing I like is that the DR920 comes with three backstraps that change the grip angle. So if you like always having to can’t your pistol down, like your garden variety Glock there’s a back strap for that. Or, if like me, you want it to feel very much like a 1911 there’s one for that two. The frame is polymer and overall the gun weighs in at 23 ounces. The trigger pull is supposed to be 4.5-5 lbs and my Wheeler Digital Guide agrees with an average pull weight of 4lbs7oz. It’s not the smoothest of triggers but Shadow Systems recommend at least a 200 rd break in period, so we shall see. The gun also has a dark bronze colored TiCN fluted barrel which gives the it a pretty distinct look.

I hear you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but how does it shoot? Really well actually.

View attachment 29415
100 rds 124 gr Browning.

After zeroing the red dot at 10 yds I proceeded to run it out to 18 yards and see what it would do. It performed really well hitting consistently with the 4in splatterburst targets I like to use and was on target much, much easier than the two HK P30s I recently picked up and will likely move on from in the not too distant future. The gun is a remarkably flat shooter, which surprised me as it only weighs 23oz. I put this down to it’s low bore axis. The DR920 is almost identical in size to my Archon Type B, has a bore axis as low as the Archon and shoots very, very similarly. So brand new out of the box I give the DR920 a 10 out of 10. I feel confident I will be able to shoot this gun as well as my Archon and my 226 Legion SAO RXP - which are my go-to guns.

20 rds - 12 yds. What bullseye? I’ll take that any day straight out of the box.

View attachment 29416
Those HKs P30s or P30Ls ?

Also, nice looking pistol.

Back