testtest

Not Expected However Really Not Disappointed

So last year I ordered a new truck, I currently own a 2017 F250 Super Duty with a 6.2 gas engine.
When I started looking at 5th wheel campers I wanted a dually to pull it and was informed in January that all components for my new truck had been secured and it would be scheduled to be built in February.
I was contacted by my salesman two weeks ago that my truck had been built and as it rolled off the end of the assembly line a Ford production manager liked it so he took possession of it.
Yeah you read that correctly.
I worked at the Ford Truck Plant and heard of that happening but didn’t think it would happen to me.
This is how that works…….
Even though a truck can be ordered and then built before it leaves the plant property it is the property of Ford and (anyone) working at Ford can buy it.

I was told by the salesman that I worked with to order the truck I had two options, wait another 6-8 months for a rebuild or cancel the order. 😡
I canceled the order, I also cancelled the purchase of the new 2023 Ford Explorer I had bought for my lady as a surprise.
Overall the dealer lost about $150 thousand dollars in sales.

Last week I received a phone call from the dealership sales manager that for canceling both purchases I was being charged a fee on my deposit money of $12 thousand dollars.
I immediately hung up the phone and called my attorney. Yesterday I received a check delivered by FedEx for all the deposit money I had given the dealer.

I still prefer Ford trucks and vehicles but am disappointed in their business practices.
I’m moving forward with setting up my current truck to support towing a 5th wheel camper and will be looking for something else for my lady.

I'm sorry about your negative experience. I have owned mostly Ford F150s for the last 30 years(1996, 1998, 1999 F150s). I currently drive a 1996 F150 with a 4.9 inline 6 and 5 speed manual transmission. I owned a 1999 F250 Super Duty FX4 with V10 gas engine for several years and drove it in snow and it was awesome.

I don't know if I'll ever buy a new truck from any manufacturer. Some of us retired guys don't have a lot of money to spend on a new vehicle.

There's nothing wrong with Chevrolets, GMCs, or Dodges. I've just had great luck with F150s and my 1996 is my favorite F150 because it's simple, reliable. It's easy for my old almost 65 year body to get in and out of. It has enough room for me.

I get compliments on it all the time because it has a classic look. I try to keep it maintained properly(I changed the fuel filter on it a few days ago. It's getting harder and harder for my old butt to get under the truck to do maintenance, but the fuel filter is easy to change with the right fitting...:)).

I have heard of this also, that’s why I never order anything from a dealer, if it’s not on the lot, then I’ll go elsewhere. Plus it’s a FORD……yea I said it….😬😬
Seriously, that does suck!
I’ll be buying off the lot also if the truck I want shows up.
I wasn’t upset with the dealer until they were going to keep some of my deposit money.
I’ve already contacted other dealers in the area, they are looking for availability nationwide.

Even though a truck can be ordered and then built before it leaves the plant property it is the property of Ford and (anyone) working at Ford can buy it.
If said truck was ordered and you waited for it to be built, that absolutely should not be an option for a Ford employee. Had that truck been built as trucks sent to dealers as stock then yes I can see it, but it wasn't it was ordered by a customer to purchase.

That is shady

If said truck was ordered and you waited for it to be built, that absolutely should not be an option for a Ford employee. Had that truck been built as trucks sent to dealers as stock then yes I can see it, but it wasn't it was ordered by a customer to purchase.

That is shady
Bad business but I heard it’s been done in the past and now it’s happened to me. Maybe it’s an omen and that truck was going to have problems.

Never thought I’d see paying above sticker MSRP, even the old days Dealers would add-on specialty items like floor mats, stain protectant, window tinting and that all important TruCoat were still negotiable. Often 10-20% of Sticker was routine.
Ordering from the factory eliminated all those add-ons but took away any leverage on the price when and if what’s been sitting on the lot could be haggled.

Trying to stiff you on the sale for a truck you ordered with a fee for a refund likely came from the Finance department.

I learned that Sales, Service, Parts, Finance, Lease can be separately owned entitles of the Dealership. Each department accounts for its own gains and losses. Parts Dept is always easy to deal with…they can’t and don’t up sell “better wiper blades or brighter headlamps“.

Learned that shopping around, there’s always someone not in the shark game of selling cars/truck.
My son bought a 4 Runner. Most dealers wouldn’t sell him one because he was out-of-state, another wanted $ over MSRP, markups on everything. Finally found a small dealership that didn’t mark up the MSRP, no special prep fees and gladly took a factory order, even picked him up 50 miles away when it arrived ahead of schedule.

If I had the $$ I'd buy a 96/97 Ford F250HD/350 diesel and have it rebuilt.

Only one computer vs. the multiple computers plus donkey-**** needed to run the current rigs.
I grew up working in my dad's mechanic shop. He didn't work on diesels but he knew his way around them.

7.3 Ford Diesels have a heck of a reputation.
6.8 V10 gas Ford worked well for me.
4.9 Inline 6 one of the best engines Ford ever built(I get offers for my 1996 with it all the time.)

Chevrolet and Dodge have had some good engines also. If you're not buying new, there's usually good information on the internet about the pluses and minuses of most of the older engines. It helps if you are realistic about what you intend to do with the vehicle and if you're prepared to maintain it. And if you're dad(or close relative or trusted friend) is a good mechanic you are extremely blessed.

I drove a 1961 and 1963 Chevrolet Corvairs(rear engine) in High school. My dad enjoyed their uniqueness...:)

There's still some older mechanic shops out there but you have to look a lot harder to find them nowadays.

My dad started out working for a Dodge Dealership in the late 1940's. Opened his own mechanic shop in the early 1960's and had it until the late 1980's. I spent Mondays - Saturdays in that shop. He had a good reputation so we were blessed to always have cars to work on other small mechanic shops weren't so lucky.

I grew up working in my dad's mechanic shop. He didn't work on diesels but he knew his way around them.

7.3 Ford Diesels have a heck of a reputation.
6.8 V10 gas Ford worked well for me.
4.9 Inline 6 one of the best engines Ford ever built(I get offers for my 1996 with it all the time.)

Chevrolet and Dodge have had some good engines also. If you're not buying new, there's usually good information on the internet about the pluses and minuses of most of the older engines. It helps if you are realistic about what you intend to do with the vehicle and if you're prepared to maintain it. And if you're dad(or close relative or trusted friend) is a good mechanic you are extremely blessed.

I drove a 1961 and 1963 Chevrolet Corvairs(rear engine) in High school. My dad enjoyed their uniqueness...:)

There's still some older mechanic shops out there but you have to look a lot harder to find them nowadays.

My dad started out working for a Dodge Dealership in the late 1940's. Opened his own mechanic shop in the early 1960's and had it until the late 1980's. I spent Mondays - Saturdays in that shop. He had a good reputation so we were blessed to always have cars to work on other small mechanic shops weren't so lucky.
That 7.3 Power Stroke was fantastic. I got 19 MPG whether I was empty or pulling a trailer with 10k pounds on it. It had balls for days. When I smashed it there was over 320,000 miles on it, it still purred like a kitten and the only thing I ever did to it besides routine maintenance was ditch the synchromesh flywheel for a steel racing flywheel and put a clutch in it. In fact when they pulled me out of that truck I reached down and turned it off, still purring like a kitten even though it rolled 3 times and was laying on its side, flattened to where the cab, hood and bed were all even. And it had an industrial ladder rack on it. Destroyed completely like it was made out of rubber.

When i retired from the military i went to work for a local Ford dealer. I spent 15 years with them and did a lot of ordering in those years. I never had that happen to one of my customers! What a cluster. When i left the car business i took a part time job at a LGS. I completely gave up on Fords when the $35K Escape i purchased blew an engine at 10000 miles and took them 8 weeks to repair it. Even with extended warranty i got no rental car to use and a lot of BS from the dealer. As a matter of fact corporate was no better in handling the situation. As soon as i got the vehicle back i traded it in for a Honda. I WILL NEVER purchase a Ford product again! Thet are a bunch of thieving losers! I complained so much that they even reimbursed me for the full cost of the extended warranty that they were so proud of. Never will my driveway be graced with their product again!

Back