testtest

Not shooting Elite Compact as well as Elite 3.8

drugrep

Alpha
So I have both the Elite 3.8" and the Elite Compact.

I cannot shoot nearly as well with the Compact. Can the smaller grip be making all that difference? Do I just need more practice?

I can put the bullet where I want with the regular XDM Elite.

Last time at the range I let fellow member shoot both and he didn't do as well with the Compact either.

Do I just keep practicing or could there be something else?

Its all about the fundamentals. You need to take time dryfiring and squeezing. Be patient, it takes time. An airsoft is a great way to get these fundamentals down. I would recommend adding a laser to the airsoft to watch as you squeeze. Try to keep it steady as you pull the trigger.

Get yourself a pearce mag pinky extension makes all the difference on the short mags.
Both should be the same sight radius the difference is the grip length.

Smaller handguns tend to exaggerate bad habits.

Hans is 100% correct. You probably don't have any major issues that need correcting, and may just need to hone your existing skills. Put an emphasis on the basics (grip, trigger pull, breathing) and see if things don't improve with more practice. Try some basic dry fire drills to see if your front sight is moving during your trigger press, and go from there. I wouldn't make any major changes unless the additional practice with increased focus on the fundamentals fails to correct the problem.

Guys maybe I'm missing something here. The OP's guns both have the same sight length/radius. Ones grip is much shorter therefore he's dangling a finger that would be stabilizing the firearm better with the standard length grip. I cannot stand to have my pinky dangling under the magazine free floating so to speak.
The pinky extension made a huge difference yet doesn't affect concealability.

For me that is.

Guys maybe I'm missing something here. The OP's guns both have the same sight length/radius. Ones grip is much shorter therefore he's dangling a finger that would be stabilizing the firearm better with the standard length grip. I cannot stand to have my pinky dangling under the magazine free floating so to speak.
The pinky extension made a huge difference yet doesn't affect concealability.

For me that is.
Might as well get a mag extension, thats some prime realestate .

Back