testtest

NRA-ILA Leadership Changes & Republicans Are In Trouble

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Read this and just don’t know what to think, even though I cancelled my membership after 30+ years which I am planning to re-join again in a future time, I hate to see this great organization go away, I know other’s organizations are fighting for our gun rights, hopefully the NRA can bounce back and again lead for our gun rights. Without the NRA, would be very disastrous.

Interesting article. It proves what I’ve been saying here all along. None of these other 2A groups that people are apparently not exactly flocking to, have anywhere near the clout or capital that the NRA is capable of. Abandoning them just plays into the hands of the politicians and activists who have spent the last two decades vilifying them in order to neuter their influence.

If you can carry a concealed handgun today you have the NRA to thank for that. If you own an AR-15 or any of the weapons on the Clinton AWB list you have the NRA to thank for that. I agree completely that WLP needs to go. The fact that he would rather burn it to the ground than resign tells you all you need to know about him. The board, or most of them, needs to go too. Nevertheless cutting off your nose to spite your face by abandoning the NRA will absolutely come back to bite you in the ass. If not you, certainly your children and grandchildren.

this could affect the CCW permit/licensing requirements, as many qualifications are only NRA accepted. if the NRA were to be gone, there would be no ccw permitting process....unless the USCCA would be then accepted.

i had "planned" on obtaining NRA instructor certification as well as USCCA...but the costs involved floor me right now

Interesting article. It proves what I’ve been saying here all along. None of these other 2A groups that people are apparently not exactly flocking to, have anywhere near the clout or capital that the NRA is capable of. Abandoning them just plays into the hands of the politicians and activists who have spent the last two decades vilifying them in order to neuter their influence.

If you can carry a concealed handgun today you have the NRA to thank for that. If you own an AR-15 or any of the weapons on the Clinton AWB list you have the NRA to thank for that. I agree completely that WLP needs to go. The fact that he would rather burn it to the ground than resign tells you all you need to know about him. The board, or most of them, needs to go too. Nevertheless cutting off your nose to spite your face by abandoning the NRA will absolutely come back to bite you in the ass. If not you, certainly your children and grandchildren.
Bob you make very good valid points and I have no problem supporting the NRA however that absolutely won’t happen until WLP and all his cronies at the top are gone. I have worked hard all my life to save my money and pay for what I want and what I want to do including vacations and I have no respect for anyone who uses other people’s money to enrich themselves and enjoy life on the funds collected to support the organizations cause.
To be blunt the organization is great the people running it are nothing more then thieves.

I agree completely that WLP needs to go. The fact that he would rather burn it to the ground than resign tells you all you need to know about him. The board, or most of them, needs to go too.
BOOM! DROP THE MIC!
We need the NRA plain and simple. That being said, the board, the top executives need removed. I've said this more than once, they think we're too stupid, they think they're too important. Every well run organization out there would have absolutely canned, voted out WLP years ago because of the "optics" of his governance and improper use of funds. They would have done this to distance themselves while re-organizing a more "transparent" board of directors and CEO. Yet this "board of directors" chose to keep him and give us the finger while hemorrhaging money in his (WLP) defense.

If anybody didn't see this coming with their (NRA) use of the bankruptcy and other legal maneuvers they're trying to do to get out from underneath all the lawsuits you had to be deaf, dumb and blind.
They seem to have backed themselves into a corner and now have nowhere to go but down.
I'm disappointed but I sure in the heck seen this coming.

Don't recall the CMP requiring an NRA membership. Membership in a club listed by the CMP is a prerequisite to purchasing from them. I don't recall that the NRA was a qualifying club.

I am an NRA member for now. When WLP is gone I may become a life member. Until then they just get my basic membership fee.

Don't recall the CMP requiring an NRA membership. Membership in a club listed by the CMP is a prerequisite to purchasing from them. I don't recall that the NRA was a qualifying club.

I am an NRA member for now. When WLP is gone I may become a life member. Until then they just get my basic membership fee.
Ironically the Life Membership costs less. Well, it used to. When I got mine it was like 300 and something. Which I paid over installments. Even though I am a life member I haven't given them a dime since all this crap with WLP started. I have emailed them and returned their mailers stating I will gladly contribute when WLP is gone.

My issue with all the reaction by gun owners to the NRA isn't the not giving them money. I totally understand that. It's giving up membership and abandoning the only organization that has made most of the stuff we take for granted now possible.

About 9 months ago I was searching to purchase an M1, checked out CMP. It is now coming back to me, and my earlier post was in error. You must belong to a local shooting club. All local private shooting clubs that I checked out near me require an NRA membership. I was misplacing my synapses until I put more energy into remembering just now. Sorry for the mis-information. The online Garand-club that fulfills this requirement may not require the NRA membership, I did not investigate that far...I found a specimen locally (M1 Garand) in an LGS that fulfilled my search requirements.

Instead, support your state 2A organization and SAF. SAF is kicking butt in the courts.
thing is, many clubs (mine is one) get discounts on insurance with NRA memberships. drop the NRA, where would the gun clubs be then?

i am certain that there might be, discounts with insurance companies with other gun organizations, but "what if" the insurance companies decide NOT to accept them if the NRA falls..????

like it or not, we just may need the NRA more than we know, if not on the surface, but behind the scenes, that we are not fully aware of.

we can still support the SAF, and GOA, as well.

we need as many fighters in our corner as possible.

WLP may never step down voluntarily, but maybe can he be forced out..???

that, i do not know, others here might.

Sad to see an organization with over 150 years of existence turn into a :poop:pile. I agree at one time they were beneficial for a gun owner but don't believe so currently. I am thankful for the framers of the big document and my state government that keep the wolves at bay. Wayno and friends should have been gone long ago and maybe incarcerated.

I blame no one but the NRA itself. They are squandering their credibility and have been doing so for years, without seeming to care. They have burned members, they have allowed blatant corruption to go on for years. It absolutely sucks, and I really wish they had quickly addressed the well-known issues with leadership and misuse of funds, but they haven't. I don't see how that's anyone else's fault but theirs.

I would love to support a big, powerful, effective group to represent our 2A rights. But I have lost a lot of trust in the NRA, and specifically that the money I send them is being used appropriately. And again - that's no one's fault but theirs. They've had ample time to get their $#it together, they've received ample feedback about how frustrated many members are, and it doesn't seem to me that they have really done anything about it.

The fix is simple and should have already been addressed. If that still happens before it is too late, I'll start to consider supporting them again. But I'm not going to pay for LaPierre's silk pajamas.

Hi,

This is indeed disheartening. I've met great, enthusiastic local NRA members and regional leaders. The grass roots volunteer efforts are strong. I just re-up'd with a 5 year membership and this makes me feel like I'm rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. If we rank-and-file minions become any more disillusioned then the NRA will certainly be doomed.

I think I'll also start returning those donation request forms with a simple note of recommendation. 😉

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I blame no one but the NRA itself. They are squandering their credibility and have been doing so for years, without seeming to care. They have burned members, they have allowed blatant corruption to go on for years. It absolutely sucks, and I really wish they had quickly addressed the well-known issues with leadership and misuse of funds, but they haven't. I don't see how that's anyone else's fault but theirs.

I would love to support a big, powerful, effective group to represent our 2A rights. But I have lost a lot of trust in the NRA, and specifically that the money I send them is being used appropriately. And again - that's no one's fault but theirs. They've had ample time to get their $#it together, they've received ample feedback about how frustrated many members are, and it doesn't seem to me that they have really done anything about it.

The fix is simple and should have already been addressed. If that still happens before it is too late, I'll start to consider supporting them again. But I'm not going to pay for LaPierre's silk pajamas.
The NRA is not a sentient being it is an organization. The blame falls squarely on WLP and his cronies on the board. That is a handful of people. A miniscule amount of the millions of members, including myself, that make up the NRA.

The NRA is not a sentient being it is an organization. The blame falls squarely on WLP and his cronies on the board. That is a handful of people. A miniscule amount of the millions of members, including myself, that make up the NRA.
I fully understand that, Bob. I'm by no means blaming the millions of members, many of whom do good work - I'm squarely placing the blame on WLP and his cronies. Unfortunately, that small elite group has had a negative impact on the whole and alienated many.

Back