testtest

NY man sets himself on fire.

“The manifesto-style document warnedof an impending “apocalyptic fascist world coup.”
Further down the article.
“Police said that Mr Azzarello’s drivers license showed he was born in 1987 and was a native of St Augustine, Florida. A registered Democrat, he attended University of North Carolina from 2005 to 2009, according to public records and his LinkedIn page”

Someone mentioned mental illness. I find it amazing that inpatient psych beds are currently about 25% of the number of inpatient psych bed from the 1950’s, while the population has more than doubled. If the % of nuts jobs is the same we “should” be seeing twice the numbers. Instead, they give ‘em meds, the pt straightens up, leaves the facility, shortly says “I don’t need this stuff” and quits taking it. Symptoms return and you wind up with folks sleeping under the bridge, and getting into trouble (or they become politicians🙄)

Someone mentioned mental illness. I find it amazing that inpatient psych beds are currently about 25% of the number of inpatient psych bed from the 1950’s, while the population has more than doubled. If the % of nuts jobs is the same we “should” be seeing twice the numbers. Instead, they give ‘em meds, the pt straightens up, leaves the facility, shortly says “I don’t need this stuff” and quits taking it. Symptoms return and you wind up with folks sleeping under the bridge, and getting into trouble (or they become politicians🙄)

Yes, cycling through meds is a huge thing... even in psychiatric facilities where inmates are directly observed taking their meds. As you say, many of the meds that regulate behavior make the people taking them feel, 'dulled down' or 'dead inside' and they go off them at first chance. Many of those that actually intend staying on their meds lead chaotic lives where it's difficult to obtain or regulate their medication. Mental illness is a hell of a thing.

Back