testtest

NYT retracts article about Capitol Police officer who was "killed by fire extinguisher"

I read an article that stated he had no blunt force trauma and might have had a bad reaction to the Bear spray or regular pepper spray that was being used that day. I read that a couple weeks ago.

There is a lot of other information the media isn't telling about that day also.

This whole thing pisses me off. All you hear is 5 people killed in "insurrection" or 5 people died. One Trump supporter apparently passed out and was tragically trampled by the crowd (although I don't think that's been 100% confirmed, but has been being reported). I believe one died of heart attack, one died of a stroke, the police officer who apparently had a stroke long after he left the scene of the riot, and one was shot by a Secret Service Agent attempting to enter the building. Also note, there has been ZERO reporting about the investigation into this shooting. Also note, the police officer's body was cremated shortly after his death and autopsy reports have not been released, although I have heard that there was no evidence that he had been beaten and had actually been texting his family after the incident letting them know he was fine before he died.

Don't ever believe what the media tell you. They have their own agenda...

I am not nearly as concerned about the truth never coming out as I am about the truth coming out and nobody caring. It was widely publicized that the protester shot by police was unarmed, but none of the people who usually riot when other unarmed people are shot by police gave a damn. It is becoming clear that the officer who died was not murdered, but the media doesn't care. I lost a friend and mentor when 5 Dallas officers were murdered by a BLM supporter, and the media lost interest within a few weeks.

The availability of truthful information is not the problem. People who are willing to ignore any inconvenient truths that don't support their preferred narrative are the bigger threat.

Another thing that ticks me off about this whole thing. This has been described by the left as an “armed insurrection”. I have not heard one single person being charged with being armed. I’ve not heard one single case or picture or video of a single person being armed. Where the f*** did this narrative come from???

And I know this as well, the left NEVER shows video of the police LETTING people into the capitol building. Literally opening the doors and waving them in. I’ve seen an angle of the people breaking a window to get in and the door RIGHT NEXT TO the window is open with police letting people in. Almost like the people were just breaking the window for the cameras. I’ve seen videos of the police themselves moving the barriers out of the way and waving the crowd to come in.

Something isn’t right with this whole thing...

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my ability to consider different points of view and information from different sources.

I'm sorry Benstt. I really didn't mean it to come off quite like that. For the record, of all the liberals I know ( and I know and am friends with many, in real life as well as virtually) you are one of two that I usually give the benefit of the doubt to and look upon as someone with honesty, integrity and sincerity. There is a guy I've known virtually for about 15 years now who is far more liberal than you are. He's sympathetic to my particular situation regarding having been shot at several times in the last couple years while trying to do my job, but he remains anti-gun and believes that the 2A only applies to " A well regulated militia". Nevertheless he is someone I consider a friend above almost everyone else I've ever known virtually. He's as stand up and honest as they come. We make similar comments and observations about one another as the one that has offended you here, often in jest, but we are always respectful and civil and take those jabs in stride and without offense. He was in a hard way last year having lost his job in his 60s and having to work as a liquor store clerk, compounded by some medical issues he couldn't afford. I offered to wire him a grand to help him out, which he refused. He went to great lengths once to help me with a Telecaster I was tweaking along with my 1961 Fender Brown Deluxe amplifier in an attempt to cop a tone as close as possible to Clapton's tone at the 1969 free Hyde Park concert he did with Blind Faith. He spent hours going over arcane wiring diagrams and switch configurations regarding the "Frankensteined" Telecaster ( with the neck from his Stratocaster " Brownie" on it) with me even though at the time we didn't really know each other and pretty much argued over every conceivable political position in the universe. I'm not sure if you're a Clapton fan, but this video to me is possibly the best guitar tone ever recorded, live or in the studio ( particularly the lead solo) and I could and have watched it 1000s of times over the years.

Look how young him and Steve Winwood are. And Ginger Baker is just a F'in animal.

The coffee has me rambling. My apologies. Anyway Benstt, I hope you take this post as the compliment it was intended as and accept my humble apology. I think you're a stand up guy and while I no doubt disagree with the majority of your ideological points of view, I enjoy hearing them and am glad you participate here and share ( mostly) my views on gun rights. Common ground and civility is a bridge that could get us all out of the mess we're in in this country even if I believe it's too far gone for that.

I'm sorry Benstt. I really didn't mean it to come off quite like that. For the record, of all the liberals I know ( and I know and am friends with many, in real life as well as virtually) you are one of two that I usually give the benefit of the doubt to and look upon as someone with honesty, integrity and sincerity. There is a guy I've known virtually for about 15 years now who is far more liberal than you are. He's sympathetic to my particular situation regarding having been shot at several times in the last couple years while trying to do my job, but he remains anti-gun and believes that the 2A only applies to " A well regulated militia". Nevertheless he is someone I consider a friend above almost everyone else I've ever known virtually. He's as stand up and honest as they come. We make similar comments and observations about one another as the one that has offended you here, often in jest, but we are always respectful and civil and take those jabs in stride and without offense. He was in a hard way last year having lost his job in his 60s and having to work as a liquor store clerk, compounded by some medical issues he couldn't afford. I offered to wire him a grand to help him out, which he refused. He went to great lengths once to help me with a Telecaster I was tweaking along with my 1961 Fender Brown Deluxe amplifier in an attempt to cop a tone as close as possible to Clapton's tone at the 1969 free Hyde Park concert he did with Blind Faith. He spent hours going over arcane wiring diagrams and switch configurations regarding the "Frankensteined" Telecaster ( with the neck from his Stratocaster " Brownie" on it) with me even though at the time we didn't really know each other and pretty much argued over every conceivable political position in the universe. I'm not sure if you're a Clapton fan, but this video to me is possibly the best guitar tone ever recorded, live or in the studio ( particularly the lead solo) and I could and have watched it 1000s of times over the years.

Look how young him and Steve Winwood are. And Ginger Baker is just a F'in animal.

The coffee has me rambling. My apologies. Anyway Benstt, I hope you take this post as the compliment it was intended as and accept my humble apology. I think you're a stand up guy and while I no doubt disagree with the majority of your ideological points of view, I enjoy hearing them and am glad you participate here and share ( mostly) my views on gun rights. Common ground and civility is a bridge that could get us all out of the mess we're in in this country even if I believe it's too far gone for that.
No worries, man. We're good.

Well we all know now that CNN & NBC colluded with ANTIFA (and paid Sullivan) in inciting part of the riot and the incident where the gal got shot. Contracted with him before the riot began. Plus the gal with Sullivan is/was a CNN free-lancer.

What some of the folks did in DC on the 6th was wrong. I have no problem with them being prosecuted for the wrongdoing. What I do have a problem with is the folks who rioted, burned businesses and assaulted folks most of the summer and fall and were not prosecuted. This hypocrisy is ridiculous and just plain not right. It appears to me all of the wrongdoing is just going to fade away into the sunset.

Back