testtest

Off-Road Racer BJ Baldwin Describes Intense Fatal Shootout

EL LOBO

Custom
WHEN TWO ARMED GUNMEN ATTACKED TORI NONAKA AND OFF-ROAD RACER BJ BALDWIN, THE ENSUING SHOOTOUT LEFT ONE BAD GUY DEAD, AS BALDWIN PUT 10 HITS ON TARGET. The incident began when Baldwin and his girlfriend had dinner at an In-N-Out Burger restaurant in Las Vegas. It was late, around 1:46 a.m., according to foxnews.com. That’s when Baldwin’s girlfriend saw two hooded men pointing a gun and charging. With danger eminent, Baldwin pulled his concealed firearm and began engaging targets. The gunman fired two shots at the girlfriend and six shots at Baldwin, reported foxnews.com.

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2020/05/off-road-racer-bj-baldwin-shootout/

No Training can prepare you for the AFTER when Your Attacker Dead is packed up tagged and bagged and taken to the morgue and you go home to your Family alive but that damn Attacker still takes a small piece of your life with him you feel numb for a long time and have bad dreams night sweats have a heightened sense of awareness, easily startled by noise and have painful memories of the event. Four in ten people who have to kill another to save their life or the life of someone else will experience some degree of PTSD. Seek treatment the next day if you ever experience any of those symptoms. After you never can train or prepare for that its something you must learn to live with.

No Training can prepare you for the AFTER when Your Attacker Dead is packed up tagged and bagged and taken to the morgue and you go home to your Family alive but that damn Attacker still takes a small piece of your life with him you feel numb for a long time and have bad dreams night sweats have a heightened sense of awareness, easily startled by noise and have painful memories of the event. Four in ten people who have to kill another to save their life or the life of someone else will experience some degree of PTSD. Seek treatment the next day if you ever experience any of those symptoms. After you never can train or prepare for that its something you must learn to live with.

There was a great thread that lasted for several years at xdtalk. The members wife shot and killed two out of the three bad guys who broke into their house while occupied by the wife and children during the day. The third one was hit and was able to flee and was captured in the hospital. This thread gave a long term view and updates of what was going on at the time. In the long run even though it was a justified shooting. The family had to move basically overnight from their home. Then had to move out of state. They had to deal with the trauma for years at each step in the justice system each time opening the mental wounds back up. In the long run the stress was too much and it ended in a divorce. The case eventually went to trial and the bad guy went to prison for a long time (felony murder rule). But the cost of what happens after the shooting turned out to be the most devastating part of the whole ordeal. Most people don't even bother the think about what happens post shooting.

There was a great thread that lasted for several years at xdtalk. The members wife shot and killed two out of the three bad guys who broke into their house while occupied by the wife and children during the day. The third one was hit and was able to flee and was captured in the hospital. This thread gave a long term view and updates of what was going on at the time. In the long run even though it was a justified shooting. The family had to move basically overnight from their home. Then had to move out of state. They had to deal with the trauma for years at each step in the justice system each time opening the mental wounds back up. In the long run the stress was too much and it ended in a divorce. The case eventually went to trial and the bad guy went to prison for a long time (felony murder rule). But the cost of what happens after the shooting turned out to be the most devastating part of the whole ordeal. Most people don't even bother the think about what happens post shooting.
Self-preservation is a built-in normal instinct reaction of fight or flight response to survive. You must learn to vanquish fear and panic with positive self-thought to defend and fight for yourself or others. This is where firearms training comes in shoot don't shoot shooting drills. If they are armed and in your home, they are there to do you or your family harm. Look at the Mass Shooting in Florida the Deputy didn't respond to the shooting and coward outside behind a wall he refused his duty to protect those children. His poor training was part of it but that he failed to vanquish fear and panic his self-preservation instinct took over and he choose flight and not fight something he will have to live with the rest of his life in the AFTER.

The smart people realize it's not over when the smell of cordite is gone.

I have heard you can never prepare for the aftermath, and I hope I never have to find out for myself...but even more, I hope I don't get fitted for a pine box because I was unprepared.

This is also why I carry CCW insurance (USLaw Shield) - for a couple hundred a year, they'll spend up to $1M in your defense after the fact, if needed. If anything goes down, I will have my unloaded pistol in my left hand for the police, and my Law Shield card (with phone number) in my right hand for the police. "Here, sir, please call this number. I'll wait to speak until my representative arrives."

Back