testtest

Ok, here's the little Kit Gun I asked about.

Hans,
Very nice Colt and S & W revolvers. From looking at the grips on the Officers Model Special its 1950s made. Those usually sell for almost twice what the .38 Special models go for. I'm still hoping to find a Woodsman Match Target that I can afford without having to mortgage the house.

Hans,
Very nice Colt and S & W revolvers. From looking at the grips on the Officers Model Special its 1950s made. Those usually sell for almost twice what the .38 Special models go for. I'm still hoping to find a Woodsman Match Target that I can afford without having to mortgage the house.
Yep. This model was only made from 1949-1952. The grips are 100% correct...plastic "Coltwood".

Your Coltwood grips have faired much better those that Colt put on their semi-autos from that time period. They are known as the shrinking grips.
So that's the problem. I looked for a set of them for years to put on an old-school Commander, finally found a pair for a reasonable price, and they won't fit any of my 1911s! I've found new copies in black but I want brown ones. Oh well, maybe I'll modify them to fit on something. They won't be pretty, but they will be ON. :LOL:

Back