testtest

Ok, if you use a cleaning rod.......

Annihilator, I do the same as you, although I am testing out the ‘Ramrodz’ product and ‘Bore Tips’ product. I have to admit I like them both. The bore tips fit tightly in the barrel, so I feel like it is really doing a good job of cleaning. One of the problems with the Ramrodz product is that I don’t think they are uniform in size because some of them will not fit in the barrel. But they clean well if you happen to find the one that fits. Also, they each have a way to connect to a longer rod for rifles and shotguns. The bore tips are reusable, by that I mean they can be cleaned and then used again. Worth a try.

The first thing I do is run a brass brush down the barrel, then I use a jag with a cotton patch with some Seal 1 on it. Then I let that sit while I clean the rest of the gun with CLP. Then I go back to the barrel and run a clean patch through it, then a bore snake a few times. Then cotton patches until they come out clean. Then I put a couple drops of oil ( usually Weapon Shield) on a patch and run it through, then a quick swipe with a loose fitting patch.

FWIW, I can clean a barrel thoroughly with CLP or Hoppes or whatever, until I get clean patches, then run some Seal 1 down it and when I run a patch through it more carbon comes out. Stuff works great and a little goes a long way.

So the short answer is I use plastic jags and 2x2 cotton patches.

The first thing I do is run a brass brush down the barrel, then I use a jag with a cotton patch with some Seal 1 on it. Then I let that sit while I clean the rest of the gun with CLP. Then I go back to the barrel and run a clean patch through it, then a bore snake a few times. Then cotton patches until they come out clean. Then I put a couple drops of oil ( usually Weapon Shield) on a patch and run it through, then a quick swipe with a loose fitting patch.

FWIW, I can clean a barrel thoroughly with CLP or Hoppes or whatever, until I get clean patches, then run some Seal 1 down it and when I run a patch through it more carbon comes out. Stuff works great and a little goes a long way.

So the short answer is I use plastic jags and 2x2 cotton patches.
That’s basically what I do except a different clp, but now I use a polymer bore brush, it’s chemical resistant, seems to work ok.

I have always used an aluminum rod and brass brushes , wrapped with a patch , with either Hoppes bore cleaner or Break Free CLP depending on how dirty things are.

I started using the Break Free about 12 years ago. Before that it was Hoppes and G-96 , Rem oil , etc.... through the years.

Back