testtest

OK…what’s the deal with the SA-35 availability?

neil0311

Master Class
The SA-35 was announced in Oct and the Garrison was announced in Nov, yet I can buy the Garrison in multiple calibers at multiple online retailers and brick and mortar stores, and at normal prices.

Meanwhile, if you can even find an SA-35 at all, you’re paying hundreds above MSRP. In fact, I’ve never seen one available other than on auction and other gouging sites.

Anyone know what’s up???? It’s May and the SA-35 was released almost 8 months ago, yet it’s a ghost.

Well the Garrison works, so off to market it goes. The SA-35 though, we’ve all heard the stories or experienced issues first hand. These issues have been there since day 1 and continue to be. If I were a creative writer I would imagine a scenario where a well known gun maker had a gun made in a foreign country - say Turkey - and the gun was made improperly and now well known gunmaker is trying to get the foreign country to rectify the problem at their expense and that is not going well - or perhaps it is, but it is going slowly, but then throw in the wrinkle of some of the guns that have gone back to be fixed still don’t work upon return. Well known gunmaker is now stuck in a disastrous PR nightmare with no end in sight and the handsome profit that should have been realized now in doubt. Boardroom wags are heard to utter “Why can’t we have a normal PR nightmare like drop-fire issues or guns going off uncommanded?” We’ll never know if this is the case or not, because Springfield Armory has been utterly conspicuous in their complete lack of acknowledgement of any situation at all.

Well the Garrison works, so off to market it goes. The SA-35 though, we’ve all heard the stories or experienced issues first hand. These issues have been there since day 1 and continue to be. If I were a creative writer I would imagine a scenario where a well known gun maker had a gun made in a foreign country - say Turkey - and the gun was made improperly and now well known gunmaker is trying to get the foreign country to rectify the problem at their expense and that is not going well - or perhaps it is, but it is going slowly, but then throw in the wrinkle of some of the guns that have gone back to be fixed still don’t work upon return. Well known gunmaker is now stuck in a disastrous PR nightmare with no end in sight and the handsome profit that should have been realized now in doubt. Boardroom wags are heard to utter “Why can’t we have a normal PR nightmare like drop-fire issues or guns going off uncommanded?” We’ll never know if this is the case or not, because Springfield Armory has been utterly conspicuous in their complete lack of acknowledgement of any situation at all.
The Top 5 Privately-Held Firearms Companies in America: #1: Freedom Group, #2: Mossberg, #3: Colt's, #4: Springfield Armory, #5: Barrett Firearms; How Some of U.S.'s Oldest Private Companies Dating to 1794 Will Be Impacted by New Gun Laws.

Although this is dated 2013 not much has changed since so the main reason Springfield A. Along with other privately held companies don’t elaborate and go public with issues on some of there products is they don’t have to.

Springfield Armory has outstanding customer service and they will fix what’s not right with their products.

I sure hope the SA-35 doesn't become the fiasco for Springfield that the R51 was for Remington.

The Top 5 Privately-Held Firearms Companies in America: #1: Freedom Group, #2: Mossberg, #3: Colt's, #4: Springfield Armory, #5: Barrett Firearms; How Some of U.S.'s Oldest Private Companies Dating to 1794 Will Be Impacted by New Gun Laws.

Although this is dated 2013 not much has changed since so the main reason Springfield A. Along with other privately held companies don’t elaborate and go public with issues on some of there products is they don’t have to.

Springfield Armory has outstanding customer service and they will fix what’s not right with their products.
I think we all agree that Springfield’s customer service is very good, but I don’t like the idea of buying a gun knowing that there’s a very good chance that I’m going to need them.

I still see them every now and again, last week in fact...I hit a lot of gun shops every month in my travels. I have no philosophy of use for it, however, thus I've abstained...Waiting for a fix is not an entirely bad idea for those of you getting antsy.

I think we all agree that Springfield’s customer service is very good, but I don’t like the idea of buying a gun knowing that there’s a very good chance that I’m going to need them.
The logic would dictate that if you know the gun has issues then don’t buy it if sending it back for warranty work is just another issue.

I’ll chime in on the topic
I had ordered an SA-35 at the local gun store and waited several weeks with no results

I belonged to the range formerly known as shoot point blank and they had one on the shelf for twenty less than msrp,,, so I purchased the pistol and have had only session with it to date

And ........ out of fifty rounds I experienced one failure to extract

Now I know it has the potential to be problematic and I agree with others that SA is trying to get a handle on the problemo before it becomes a real public relations issue

The logic would dictate that if you know the gun has issues then don’t buy it if sending it back for warranty work is just another issue.
I don’t disagree. I have no problem sending a gun back to CS when it develops an unexpected problem, but that’s not what’s going on here.

Full disclosure: I've been working for an FFL for over three weeks, now.

Long before I worked there, I saw a few videos on YouTube complaining about the function of the SA-35. I saw more videos with no complaints whatsoever. However, the old adage that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" means that the complaining videos will always get more attention from the audience than the ones that don't. Always. Thus, the ratio of those who posted that they haven't had problems being overwhelmingly overshadowed by those who have heard about and/or viewed the complaining videos on this thread.

That being said, the gun store I work at just got three more SA-35's last week to replace the three that were quickly sold. I have yet to hear about complaints from the original three. So from where I'm sitting, I think the problems with some of the SA-35's have been fixed and SPRINGFIELD ARMORY are slowly rolling them out.

I WANT ONE...can't find them anywhere. I have had one on order at various gun shops since they announced production. Nobody can get one. I've sent inquiries to the apparently "excellent" Springfield customer service asking about availability to just get crickets in response. This is the first I've heard of any extractor issues & I watch a lot of YouTube videos. I shot a lot of NATO & Warsaw Pact 9mm sidearms back during the Cold War while stationed in Europe....wouldn't own any except the Brits Browning HiPower, so was super happy to see Springfield's SA35. I packed a 1911 my 12yrs in the military & love my Springfield "service" model. Was looking forward to my first 9mm with the SA35. I retired from Federal Cartridge in '19....started in Rimfire but spent a few years in Centerfire & retired from Shotshell. All my firearms were gifts, lol. My 1911 was a Christmas gift from my Shotshell employees. My Savage 6.5mm MSR was my retirement gift. So the SA35 would be my first purchase, lol.

I WANT ONE...can't find them anywhere. I have had one on order at various gun shops since they announced production. Nobody can get one. I've sent inquiries to the apparently "excellent" Springfield customer service asking about availability to just get crickets in response. This is the first I've heard of any extractor issues & I watch a lot of YouTube videos. I shot a lot of NATO & Warsaw Pact 9mm sidearms back during the Cold War while stationed in Europe....wouldn't own any except the Brits Browning HiPower, so was super happy to see Springfield's SA35. I packed a 1911 my 12yrs in the military & love my Springfield "service" model. Was looking forward to my first 9mm with the SA35. I retired from Federal Cartridge in '19....started in Rimfire but spent a few years in Centerfire & retired from Shotshell. All my firearms were gifts, lol. My 1911 was a Christmas gift from my Shotshell employees. My Savage 6.5mm MSR was my retirement gift. So the SA35 would be my first purchase, lol.
I’ve had mine for a couple of months now and it’s quickly become my go to for everything. I got mine through my LGS. I asked them to order one and got it in about 6 weeks. Now if FN would get their stuff together since I ordered both at the same time and was and am number one on the waiting list. Good luck with your search.

Back