testtest

Ok, wife made me laugh with her odd question

Sld1959

Hellcat
Wife woke up this morning and came out to the snow globe where I was sipping cocoa. First thing she said was what song would you do karaoke to?

Now you gotta know me just to know how ridiculous that question is lol. After I stopped laughing she said she had a dream I was singing in a bar. And wanted to know what song I would choose. A few minutes thinking I came up with Bad Moon on the Rise by CCR. now it ain't ever going to happen, but that's a catchy tune. She said I was singing Roll Me Away by Bob Seger which I do really like

So, just for fun... what song would you sing, if you ever sang karaoke, even if its never gonna happen.

I actually sang Karaoke ONCE. We had it at a work party. When I tell people this story, the next question is always "So what did you sing?" And I look at them like they might be stupid and say, "James Brown's 'Sex Machine,' of course." :eek: :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Actually I sang Randy Newman's "I Love L.A." Practiced it for weeks. Nailed it, of course. On the line about "Crank up the Beach Boys," I sang "Crank up the Tom Petty, man don't let the music stop." (I couldn't quite fit Warren Zevon in.) ;)

Being that I am a musician by inclination and have performed thousands of gigs in my life it seems natural for me to say I will never karaoke anything.

I am liable to whip out a guitar at any moment though and do You Me and Julio Down By The Schoolyard. Or Wildlife by Wings. Sister Golden Hair if I’m drunk.

Wife woke up this morning and came out to the snow globe where I was sipping cocoa. First thing she said was what song would you do karaoke to?

Now you gotta know me just to know how ridiculous that question is lol. After I stopped laughing she said she had a dream I was singing in a bar. And wanted to know what song I would choose. A few minutes thinking I came up with Bad Moon on the Rise by CCR. now it ain't ever going to happen, but that's a catchy tune. She said I was singing Roll Me Away by Bob Seger which I do really like

So, just for fun... what song would you sing, if you ever sang karaoke, even if its never gonna happen.
I like laughing at myself. And my friends laugh right along with me when I sing this song sometimes...:)

I was reminded about an old move call Duets, had a good cast and some obviously had good chops. It was about groups of professional Karaoke drifters going town to town making a living off of local bar competitions.
This number was surprising, but again it’s a movie...

Back