testtest

OK, you bought what you wanted, is it as good or better than you thought?

youngolddude

Professional
We've apparently had some disappointments, but how about success stories?
When the first S&W Shield came out, I wanted it bad. I went in the store one day that they just got their shipment in. 15 or so people were milling around when I came in, bought it and walked out in about 10 minutes. Apparently they were waiting for their background checks to clear. There were some nasty looks going my way. That gun exceeded my expectations in multiple ways and I ended up with the 2.0 in 9mm and the 2.0 .45. They did not disappoint either.

I have more examples of good than bad and while I like a bargain, I stick with big name brands. They seem to deliver more often than not.

HK usp 9mm full size. Just laser accurate up to 50-60 yards.
Had both USP 9mm and .45. I traded in the .45 as at the time it was too big for my hands, my hands fit it now, I want another!
Bought an upstart 1911 by a company new on the seen from Clackamas Oregon.
Best GD pistol I've ever bought you'll pry it out of my cold dead hands.
The upstart company?
Kimber

on one trip to my larger LGS, looking for a 1911, i saw a Tisas. at that point and time, i never heard of them, as i too was still rather new to this sport.

so many months went by, and i happened to see a few videos, from some very good people i subscribe to.

each one spoke well of the Tisas 1911, for the price

bought one on a "whim" one day, looking for something else.

ain't been a time i regretted buying this "lower" priced 1911. shoots very well, dependable, good quality build (for the money) great starter 1911 for anyone wanting to branch out in the 1911 world, and an over all great range toy.

i'd even say that for the budget minded buyer, a very good home defense option as well.

Century C93.

After a terrible experience with the extractorless G3, I swore I was done with Century. When they put out the C93 a while back, I was pretty down on them.

Then a couple friends got them, and they ran great…picked one up, and it’s actually impressed me; runs great, no problems, solid accuracy.

I actually picked up a C93 pistol a little while ago; pretty sure I’m gonna Form 1 it.

I guess my S&W 610, found out some interesting information on it from S&W. When I purchased it I was told its new, box even had new sticker on it from the shop I deal with, they mark all guns used or new. When I sent in the warranty, a few weeks later I received a letter back telling me that this gun was a refurbished one. That it was sent out to be evaluated by an outside source, sent back to S&W, gone over and then sold again, the box even has 2 labels, one over the other, but I still have the full lifetime warranty on it. So I guess this is better then I originally thought.

Last edited:
Purchased 5 guns in 2021, one was an impulse buy that was ok but just not for me. Aside from that that one gun mentioned was traded in for my
Taurus M605 really fantastic Revolver.
The other 3 were Springfield’s
M1A Standard absolutely love it.
XDM 45ACP 4.5 barrel very happy.
XDM 10mm Elite Compact 3.8 incredible gun.

I bought a P365SAS early this year. After purchase I then did research (duh, I know that should have come first) and was frightened by the striker/firing pin issues, about which I did not know before my semi-impulse purchase (my fault). Adding to that was the significant dislike and panning of the fiber/tritium sight. Now many months and 1000 rounds later, my gun has not failed once, the original firing pin is still intact and striker is operating just fine. The sight has been excellent and accurate for its intended purpose. The magazines loosened after a dozen reloadings. After being scared of everything I read about online immediately after purchase, it has been pleasantly (dare I say surprisingly) flawless for me. And it fits better than expected in semi-tight jeans pockets (holstered of course) without obvious printing. It has been better than I expected. Not at time of purchase, but after reading and watching all the crap online.

My best purchase was my mil spec 1911 great gun shoots really well but my 9 mm beretta FS is dead eye . My worst buy it was an impulse buy smith and Wesson mp shield 40 I don’t usually sell my guns but I pack her up last nite it has to go too snappy this is my first one I am giving up

I've been fortunate in that I have been satisfied with, or pleasantly surprised by, almost all of my gun purchases. My biggest surprise was my first Springfield handgun. I bought an XD Mod.2 4" model in .45 ACP when the Mod.2 line was discontinued. I picked it up, mainly out of curiosity, for around $300. To this day, it is still the most accurate polymer pistol I have ever fired. It's the gun that turned me on to Springfield.

The next was my Taurus TX22. I have had mixed results with Taurus products, but was intrigued by the 16-round mag capacity. The TX22 has been the most reliable .22LR semi-auto I have ever owned. It will very rarely fail to extract an underpowered bulk round, but I think this is more due to the ammo than the gun. My wife, my kids, and I have combined to put well over 1,000 rounds through the TX22, and I could probably count the total number of failures on one hand. I'm still not sold on Taurus in general, but the TX22 is a fantastic plinker at a very reasonable price.

The next was my Taurus TX22. I have had mixed results with Taurus products, but was intrigued by the 16-round mag capacity. The TX22 has been the most reliable .22LR semi-auto I have ever owned. It will very rarely fail to extract an underpowered bulk round, but I think this is more due to the ammo than the gun. My wife, my kids, and I have combined to put well over 1,000 rounds through the TX22, and I could probably count the total number of failures on one hand. I'm still not sold on Taurus in general, but the TX22 is a fantastic plinker at a very reasonable price.
I am 100% in agreement for the same reason on my TX22 and Taurus semi auto’s.

Back