testtest

“Old West” Revolvers

I'm not willing to pay what big-bore classic replica revolvers cost, but the Heritage .22's are always in stock at my local Academy for between $149-$200. I've considered buying one in the past, and it's starting to seem like a good buy now that common pistol calibers are expensive and impossible to find. I can't decide on a Heritage or a new Ruger Wrangler, but am open to opinions.

I'm not willing to pay what big-bore classic replica revolvers cost, but the Heritage .22's are always in stock at my local Academy for between $149-$200. I've considered buying one in the past, and it's starting to seem like a good buy now that common pistol calibers are expensive and impossible to find. I can't decide on a Heritage or a new Ruger Wrangler, but am open to opinions.

The Wranglers are real nice for a very good price.

I may eventually get one instead of shooting my old Single-Six.

Last edited:
Both are really decent pistols for the money.

The heritage is more of a classic blued finish, though I would not say the finish is high quality and there will probably be some nicks in the bluing. The Heritage can be found on sale from Palmetto State Armory often for around $130.00 with free shipping and during the week of black friday they sometimes run these for $99.00. The heritage has the advantage of swapping the .22lr cylinder for a .22mag cylinder where the Wrangler is only a .22lr

The Wrangler only comes in a Cerekote though there are multiple finish colors available which I personally like but it's not for everyone. The Wrangler has a solid warranty with Ruger being one of the best in the business offering a lifetime warranty that they stand behind. The Wrangler street price is mostly consistent from a majority of stores I've seen with a price around $200.00

Both of these are budget offerings but they are not to be confused with junk! These are quality made guns at an affordable price made for cheap plinking.

You can't go wrong either way and both of these revolvers are made in the USA.

I was just about ready to finally pick up a Heritage, but it seems like everyone really likes the Wrangler. I have yet to hear anything negative about the Wrangler. Looks like I'll be adding another Ruger to my collection.

I bought an Uberti (one of the companies of the owning company of Beretta, Benilli, Stoeger, Uberti, etc). It a Stainless Steel 7 1/2 bbl 1873 Cattleman that I had a gunsmith fit a set of Black Bison Horn grips on (he also put a heavy duty cylinder locking spring in as well). With the price of the revolver, Grips, and Gunsmith work, it came a bit over $1200.00, but it's great fun to shoot. I'm looking at a custom holster place in Georgia that will only take orders over the phone to communicate one to one. With the Holster & revolver, I got the whole Gunslinger look going. I included a link to Uberti below, for those that want to peruse their selections (there's also a catalog download near the contact etc. info at the bottom of the webpage).

Back