testtest

On patrol live Saturday night fullerton CA

powerboatr

Professional
We were watching on patrol live last night and the police in fullerton had stopped a guy or something. anyway he had a pistol with a threaded barrel
police told him a thread barrel is illegal in cafreakingfornia and is considered an assault weapon

i dont know the outcome as i got busy with real stuff and by time i got back to watching, they were at another place
so i looked on google and darnnnnn its illegal to have a threaded barrel on a semi auto pistol with a removable magazine
WHOLLLLLLLSHEEP POOO

blew me away

We were watching on patrol live last night and the police in fullerton had stopped a guy or something. anyway he had a pistol with a threaded barrel
police told him a thread barrel is illegal in cafreakingfornia and is considered an assault weapon

i dont know the outcome as i got busy with real stuff and by time i got back to watching, they were at another place
so i looked on google and darnnnnn its illegal to have a threaded barrel on a semi auto pistol with a removable magazine
WHOLLLLLLLSHEEP POOO

blew me away
I saw that too. Head scratcher... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! Shouldn't be surprised though I suppose, considering the locale.

Thread barrel's are now illegal in Illinois as I understand it.
A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine or that may be readily modified to accept a detachable magazine, if the firearm has one or more of the following:
  • a threaded barrel;
  • a second pistol grip or another feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;
  • a shroud attached to the barrel or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;
  • a flash suppressor;
  • the capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or
  • a buffer tube, arm brace, or other part that protrudes horizontally behind the pistol grip and is designed or redesigned to allow or facilitate a firearm to be fired from the shoulder.

Interesting how in the U.S. the use of a suppressor, or in this case, just the ability to mount a suppressor, somehow makes a firearm more dangerous. Whereas in most of the rest of the world, the use of a suppressor is considered good manners. :rolleyes:

We can all argue about what states do things that sux, my answer is "what part of shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

Vote the Blue folks out, vote the Red folks in, case closed -- huh?

WHOLLLLLLLSHEEP POOO

blew me away
This is interesting. So if you have a Springfield Hellcat RDP, which has a threaded barrel to accommodate the compensator, it is illegal in CA. What a state!

This is interesting. So if you have a Springfield Hellcat RDP, which has a threaded barrel to accommodate the compensator, it is illegal in CA. What a state!
apparently so
i was shocked as i read the same info as above... a trheaded barrel somehow makes it illegal. but the police guy stated it was considered an assualt weapon..we all know how police sometimes flourish reality based on their own opinions...but wholly cow

Mrs Greener and I watch On Patrol regularly. I am a petty brutal critic on police procedures of different departments.

Irrespective of the commie laws in that state, I have up to now a favorable impression of the training and professionalism of the Fullerton PD.

It brings up a question. We have visited this issue before. Will Pro 2A LEO kick your door down to take your stuff if the state changes the legality of it. Hayes we all know you live in a very pro gun state. If you were still active duty and Florida flipped and outlawed guns, would you enforce the unconstitutional new gun laws considering your job would likely be at stake ? What percentage of police officers do you think would enforce those unconstitutional laws ?

Not trying to single you out or put you on the spot brother and I won't press you for an answer, but I was just curious.

It is hard for me to imagine such a law being passed in Florida that relates to law abiding citizens. First you would have to change the Constitution, then repeal all the pro-gun laws.

Some far left state legislators propose outrageous gun control bills every session and they never get out of committee. We already have laws that prohibit felons from possessing weapons. We are in agreemnt that criminals who use guns should receive the harshest penalties possible.

If the hypothetical law you describe were enacted, most officers I know would just ignore the law. The Florida Sheriff's Association and many police chiefs have publicly said as much. I was a chief and would have called BS, although I encourage tacking gun criminals hides to the wall.

We all swore an oath to uphold the Constitution. To take such enforcement action you would not only need to find LEO's who are willing, but also convince a State Attorney and a judge to issue a warrant.

Not to say you could not find a few who would enforce it. The Florida Constitution and U.S. Constitution give plenty grounds to disregard such a law and it would not stand long. Most officers understand it's not guns that are the problem.

It is hard for me to imagine such a law being passed in Florida that relates to law abiding citizens. First you would have to change the Constitution, then repeal all the pro-gun laws.

Some far left state legislators propose outrageous gun control bills every session and they never get out of committee. We already have laws that prohibit felons from possessing weapons. We are in agreemnt that criminals who use guns should receive the harshest penalties possible.

If the hypothetical law you describe were enacted, most officers I know would just ignore the law. The Florida Sheriff's Association and many police chiefs have publicly said as much. I was a chief and would have called BS, although I encourage tacking gun criminals hides to the wall.

We all swore an oath to uphold the Constitution. To take such enforcement action you would not only need to find LEO's who are willing, but also convince a State Attorney and a judge to issue a warrant.

Not to say you could not find a few who would enforce it. The Florida Constitution and U.S. Constitution give plenty grounds to disregard such a law and it would not stand long. Most officers understand it's not guns that are the problem.
New York, California, New Jersey, Massachussetts and Illinois have no problem finding LEOs and State's Attorneys to issue and serve/enforce warrants and their laws are just as unconstitutional.

I like to think my local Sheriff and sheriff's deputies feel as you do. The fact is 20 years ago there was no shortage of officers here willing to arrest you for having your own gun in your own car, much less actually having one concealed on your person.

There are widely diverse opinions on the subject. Good leadership is paramount to safeguard our freedoms. I once had a reporter ask me about changing the 2nd Amendment. I told her I would give up my 2A freedoms right after she gave up her 1A freedoms. She was horrified that I would suggest such a thing.

Mrs Greener and I watch On Patrol regularly. I am a petty brutal critic on police procedures of different departments.

Irrespective of the commie laws in that state, I have up to now a favorable impression of the training and professionalism of the Fullerton PD.
me to
they work good together and seem to really get it done without the drama

when it was live pd, i liked danny browns outfit, but now it seems that department is loosing something

pasco was good as well.

Back