testtest

On the Hunt with the Victor .308

Hans, Grifter, Keystone, and KillerFord1977 thanks for your responses. I imagine that many folks who purchase these will for the most part shoot these in a range setting wearing plenty of hearing protection. I have no issue with the performance of the Victor, and I plan to hunt with it again this coming hunting season. My issue at this point is getting a recommendation or advice from a Springfield's customer service rep. Based on the comments here other shooters would like a solution as well, and you'd think that the tech people at Springfield would help.

They aren’t going to give you advice on modifying your rifle...the company line is ALWAYS going to be “leave it stock”, if anything at all.

That's just the way it is...more than likely for legal reasons more than anything else.

Not only that, but they aren’t going to be responsible for trying X, Y, and Z muzzle devices to see if they affect function...or saying that they will work on your rifle...because, if for some reason it wouldn’t (even though it worked on their test rifle), a customer will be on social media, somewhere, saying that SA told them they could use X device, it didn’t, yaddayaddayadda...not worth the hassle for them.

So, you’re going to have to see what works for you.

They aren’t going to give you advice on modifying your rifle...the company line is ALWAYS going to be “leave it stock”, if anything at all.

That's just the way it is...more than likely for legal reasons more than anything else.

Not only that, but they aren’t going to be responsible for trying X, Y, and Z muzzle devices to see if they affect function...or saying that they will work on your rifle...because, if for some reason it wouldn’t (even though it worked on their test rifle), a customer will be on social media, somewhere, saying that SA told them they could use X device, it didn’t, yaddayaddayadda...not worth the hassle for them.

This !!👆👆👆👆👆

Exactly, to great a liability.

Back