testtest

One-handed magazine loading

Txchl1

Alpha
I've moved over to a different EDC. The new Hellcat. My pref. was a magnum/.44 or .357. Had a '93 CVA so becoming a righty was not a challenge, just loading the magazine. The two mags that come with the SA Hellcat are really stiff. My guess is they'll loosen a bit after use. Anyone on those mags? Haven't put any downrange yet. I use a 5.11 underarm shirt and the mags under the other. This thing fits in my 5.11 pants pockets perfectly, too! Cripples need self-protection too! Got my chl/LTC(today) in '94 just in case. Only showed it once, pointing to a Ruger P-90DC on my dashboard.

I have a generic one coming tomorrow. I have one here somewhere, just kinda curious if these magazines are real stiff. I haven't loaded a new magazine for decades.

Honestly the hellcat mags are some of the tightest pistol mags I have ever loaded. They are loosening up some after shooting several hundred down range but I have 4 new mags i bought that I stuffed but not shot with yet. Going to wait a bit before doing anymore plinking with ammo getting harder to find.

Springs tend to loosen up more from use rather then letting it sit loaded.
An easy example of this idea is try bending a piece of metal in half once and leave it be.

Is the metal still fairly strong after one bend?

Now bend the same metal back and forth multiple times.

Did it get weaker?

The same thing applies with a spring.

The frequency of compression & decompression will wear down the metal a lot faster then just compressing it once.

More use results in a looser spring.

Hanky, my right index finger is kindatired from pushing down no. 11 and 13. Can't make em go in. Life's too tough, but the loader is in my USPO today 8nless things have changed in the last few days. Thatza joke.

Hanky, my right index finger is kindatired from pushing down no. 11 and 13. Can't make em go in. Life's too tough, but the loader is in my USPO today 8nless things have changed in the last few days. Thatza joke.
The Uplula was a lifesaver for my fingers and hands loading those.

I have a generic one coming tomorrow. I have one here somewhere, just kinda curious if these magazines are real stiff. I haven't loaded a new magazine for decades.
[/QUOTE. Word of caution
Word of caution using a generic uplula with the Hellcat mags. I was having the same issues with how hard they were to load so my dad got me the loader. It scarred up two magazines before I realized it. Because the hellcat mags have that sort of side ramp design, the loader digs into the upper most edge. Hopefully you can see what I mean looking at the attached pic. Also, I emailed Springfield asking if they had a loader for the hellcat mags and they replied no and we don't recommend using one. The mags DO ease up. You just gotta go shooting a couple times. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_20200331_003121397_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200331_003121397_HDR.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 233
Word of caution using a generic uplula with the Hellcat mags. I was having the same issues with how hard they were to load so my dad got me the loader. It scarred up two magazines before I realized it. Because the hellcat mags have that sort of side ramp design, the loader digs into the upper most edge. Hopefully you can see what I mean looking at the attached pic. Also, I emailed Springfield asking if they had a loader for the hellcat mags and they replied no and we don't recommend using one. The mags DO ease up. You just gotta go shooting a couple times. Hope this helps.
Good info!

Thanks K.B.! I have the real Maglula Uplula. Glad I read your post before loading my new Hellcat for the first time. To be safe, I load the first round in each mag by hand to avoid the possibility of damage shown in your photo, then use the Uplula. I will now do this with all my pistols "just in case".

Last edited:
Thanks K.B.! I have the real Maglula Uplula. Glad I read your post before loading my new Hellcat for the first time. To be safe, I load the first round in each mag by hand to avoid the possibility of damage shown in your photo, then use the Uplula. I will now do this with all my pistols "just in case".
Here's another that works for multical.
15910025246745651589815412741792.jpg

Back