testtest

Opinions for this type holster

Trebor657

Operator
My EDC is a S&W Shield Plus PC...seems like more than half the time, I forget to carry an extra mag is a separate holder....Been looking at this type of OWB holster with mag pouch built in, not this particular one, just this style holster. Wondering if anyone uses one similar to this for EDC and what your opinions of it are....the good, the bad and the ugly...Thanks for any input...

Attachments

• holster.jpg
    holster.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 35
I also prefer spare magazine on weak side or in weak side front pocket. I would think if you carry that type of holster you will need to position the holster forward of hip or at appendix for easier access of the magazine with the weak hand.

I always carry one magazine in a horizontal pouch on the front about one o'clock which can be accessed either hand easily. If carrying more they are on the side opposite the pistol.

Thst hokster hold not be something I am interested in

Last edited:
Would be nice for a revolver and a speed loader. I'm too old, stiff and unfixable, okay, okay too fat to be reaching around my spare tire to get at the mag. Like a dog chasing his tail I can see myself doing circles trying to catch up the mag. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: If it works for someone else, I say why not.

What every one else has said. The only time I see a holster like this being really beneficial is the appendix ones and that’s because the mag placement ends up being on the weak hand side or Fanny pack it up.

What every one else has said. The only time I see a holster like this being really beneficial is the appendix ones and that’s because the mag placement ends up being on the weak hand side or Fanny pack it up.
Beat me to it. Crossbreed makes a nice Appendix IWB with interchangeable mag carrier. Reckoning or something like that.

Aside from everything already mentioned, that thing would take up a whole lot of belt space. Good leather doesn't give much. I just can't see this thing being comfortable. Especially while sitting or driving.

I recently purchased a mag-light carrier from ritchieleather.com. I've spent a fair amount of time looking for a good combo magazine-flashlight holder and this one is really nice.

Back