testtest

Optic plates for the prodigy

Not sure this matters but my prodigy didn’t have screws with the original plate that was in the box.it was their dragonfly plate. I called and they said they would send them out. Fast forward 4 weeks I get a email today the screws shipped. I’d forget since I went to the lgs and got some. Maybe all the optic stuff came in. I’d love my plate for my x2!!!!!!!

I just called SA on Thursday to change my choice of plate, which they did no problem. I didn't ask when they were shipping, but the fact that they made the change to my order so easily suggests that they are not shipping anytime soon.

PS - got through on the phone no problem and the CS person was very pleasant. +1 for Springfield, yet again.

iu

I guess it doesn’t matter really. I can’t keep the one that’s on it from coming loose. Locktite yes, longer screw yes. Beyond red locktite I give up. Any ideas?

A little blu Loctite has worked fine for the cover plate on mine. Hasn't loosened at all. Not sure why it wouldn't be holding on yours.

Curious if SA is purposely delaying the plates to force Prodigy buyers to buy their crappy optics?
I doubt it's anything that conspiratorial. Probably just more of the same production delays we are seeing throughout the industry, and most other places as well.

It’s not working. I bought a Vortex Viper for my Prodigy and now I’ve ordered a Burris Fast Fire 4. At this rate I won’t need the DPP plate I ordered.

Supposedly they worked on this for 2 years. With that much R&D and all the major issues at release you would think they would at least have the plates available at launch since the osp is a selling point for the gun.

I doubt it's anything that conspiratorial. Probably just more of the same production delays we are seeing throughout the industry, and most other places as well.
Idk the shipping delays and material shortage seems to have eased off. Every Lgs I’ve been to lately has been full of everything.prodigy’s on the shelf and dragonfly’s to fit it but no other plates and no ship date now. Should have the time on their hands since all the SA ar pistols are discontinued to get these plates squared away.Oh well FF 4 works. Guess I’ll stick with it.

When the SA website was saying October for the plates when the gun hit the market it was pretty obvious that October wasn’t going to happen because there wasn’t even a limited supply of plates to keep the market second guessing. It’s not a deal breaker for me, I’m just disappointed that SA’s marketing strategy at the moment seems to be One Step Forward, Two Steps Back.

Supposedly they worked on this for 2 years. With that much R&D and all the major issues at release you would think they would at least have the plates available at launch since the osp is a selling point for the gun.
I don't believe SA is actually making the plates - I was under the impression that they are being made by Agency Arms, so maybe the delay is on that end.

I'm not making any excuses for SA, but on the other hand I'm not surprised that they still aren't available. I can wait - the gun is already ridiculously accurate with iron sights, in my experience. An optic is just icing on the cake.

If it was something beyond their control they should have enough respect for the customers that dishes out 1500 for a pistol that at launch had more issues than you can count. I think bottom line is they didn’t sell enough dragonfly’s to off set the cost of the pistol sales slowing down after the issues.arose. With that said they had mine back to me in 3 days and not a issue since. 1600rds now no issues except no plates. Oh well

Back