testtest

Options aren't optional.

My prayers go out to all who are being effected by a loved one's infirmity. It is much harder than actually going thru things yourself I think. It kills me watching my wife gasp for breath or cry from pain.

Guys, what you are watching with dementia is heart rending and I pray for you and them, that is the only fate, my having it, that truly terrifies me.

Bob, options are indeed good. Stay strong...

Hi @Bassbob,

Along with everyone else I also wish to offer my sympathies, prayers, and encouragement. My parents passed years ago after similar declines in their later years. As hard as you try to be a "good son" there still may be times when your efforts are not appreciated, due to their condition. Be a good son anyway. I love that you are involved, active, and honoring your parents with the dignity they deserve. I'm glad your Mom is still "with it". Do you have siblings to help? All of my siblings bailed after Mom died and left me to care for Dad by myself. I was able to find some joy in the situation from time to time. Hopefully you will too. Blessings of strength and peace to you.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. It took awhile but I'm at peace with the fact the old man ain't long for the world, it's just difficult to watch him get depressed and sitting around waiting to die. :confused:
Very sad to hear Bob, i'm going through the same thing with my wife. It's hell to watch and very taxing on the nervous system for you. but hang tough. just remember no matter how bad it gets they need you.

Very sad to hear Bob, i'm going through the same thing with my wife. It's hell to watch and very taxing on the nervous system for you. but hang tough. just remember no matter how bad it gets they need you.
Bob, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, and I'm sure it's a difficult time for your entire family. But in my opinion, as difficult as it might have been for you, it was the correct thing to do for the safety of your Dad, Mom and others. Your a good son.

Absolutely. No second guessing on mine or my mother's part. It just sucks.

Really I didn't intend for this thread to be about my dad or even me. It just struck me as a good reason to have and train with more than one carry gun. I currently have about 5. All very similar in function. The P30L is a hammer, the rest are strikers.

Weather, circumstances, wardrobe. All reasons to have options.

My father and my sister had dimentia. She died before it got really bad. My dad was miserable for the last ten years of his life. That's just to say I feel you and to remind you you are not alone and you'll get through it.

If you ever feel like you need it, don't hesitate to PM me.

My father and my sister had dimentia. She died before it got really bad. My dad was miserable for the last ten years of his life. That's just to say I feel you and to remind you you are not alone and you'll get through it.

If you ever feel like you need it, don't hesitate to PM me.
Thanks brother. It's appreciated.

Back