testtest

P320 in the news again

Marek71

Master Class

Now to the guns defense the article says that the resource officer removed the gun from the holster while using the restroom. I don't know about you guys but I never remove my gun from the holster when I have to use a restroom.

To get blunt At times you do simply for a #2 in this case though I am suspect. I have some suspect on a couple that appeared to go off while holstered. I don’t buy the Sig BS in the Connecticut case as the gun was still holstered the hood ment nothing as they tried to say that somehow proving it wasn’t holstered still had the ALS lock

I know there is speculation with some that a common denominator is the Safariland 6000 and 7000 series holsters that said I have noticed an issue of WML holsters do have a large enough gap around the trigger guard keys or drawstrings etc can get in that however is several makes not just Sig.

That said here is an interesting quirk by Rick Holm of Lazy Wolf Guns a pretty experienced gunsmith on Sig and HK

It’s well with the watch!

Last edited:
To get blunt At times you do simply for a #2 in this case though I am suspect. I have some suspect on a couple that appeared to go off while holstered. I don’t buy the Sig BS in the Connecticut case as the gun was still holstered the hood ment nothing as they tried to say that somehow proving it wasn’t holstered still had the ALS lock

I know there is speculation with some that a common denominator is the Safariland 6000 and 7000 series holsters that said I have noticed an issue of WML holsters do have a large enough gap around the trigger guard keys or drawstrings etc can get in that however is several makes not just Sig.

That said here is an interesting quirk by Rick Holm of Lazy Wolf Guns a pretty experienced gunsmith on Sig and HK

It’s well with the watch!

Just because it pushes the rod out doesn't mean it has enough power to set off a primer (depending on hardness of primer). Why would any moron keep their finger inside the guard if press checking! All is meaningless on the issues unless it's dropped. Also, how far did he have to go to rest the trigger to manufacture the issue? I don't but it!

Just because it pushes the rod out doesn't mean it has enough power to set off a primer (depending on hardness of primer). Why would any moron keep their finger inside the guard if press checking! All is meaningless on the issues unless it's dropped. Also, how far did he have to go to rest the trigger to manufacture the issue? I don't but it!
I believe it would set off a primer. I would say the point was to just show a quirk with it. It shouldn’t have been able to move the striker at all wjem out of battery.

However In reality short of bump firing who would be quick enough to pull the trigger that quick.

Rick Holm has a vast amount of experience and I’d put him in the same league of Earnest Langdon and Wayne Novak and others.

I have known a few that if left alone with an anvil and a sponge for 5 minutes when you come back the anvil is broke and they didn’t see anything!!!!’
Not to get down on any LEO, I worked around them for over 15 years, I am well aware of most of there mindset, and it’s not firearm training and safety, some yea, are very stringent on firearm safety and training.

Not to get down on any LEO, I worked around them for over 15 years, I am well aware of most of there mindset, and it’s not firearm training and safety, some yea, are very stringent on firearm safety and training.
Like any career people are well people, and as Clint Smith has said why so you call the person last in their class at Medical school that passed minimum standard but was last?..Doctor

6 years ago, hmmm. was that before or after voluntary upgrade to reduced weight trigger? For that matter was it a stock trigger? It's really funny how everyone seems to have forgotten the term "glockleg" and how it came to be. Let's face it, some law enforcement carry, simply because it's required. They have no interest or desire to understand principles of operation other than the bare minimum required by their department.

6 years ago, hmmm. was that before or after voluntary upgrade to reduced weight trigger? For that matter was it a stock trigger? It's really funny how everyone seems to have forgotten the term "glockleg" and how it came to be. Let's face it, some law enforcement carry, simply because it's required. They have no interest or desire to understand principles of operation other than the bare minimum required by their department.
Absolutely we went through the same BS with Glock 30 years ago. Negligent discharges happened so often that many departments wanted nothing to do with them. It was a training issue.

Attachments

• 1709938072915.png
    1709938072915.png
    843.2 KB · Views: 16
i looked at the date as well, and was going to say nearly the same thing.......so for me, that video is BS for today's P320's.

i have this video, (from 3 years ago) where an expert explains what was the cause.. (about 10 mins long)

Back