testtest

P365 XL makes me think of a song

Sld1959

Hellcat
Well I guess all new polymer pistols makes me think of a song.

Compared to other handguns I have, and have had, they are well, ugly. I mean really. The textured plastic, and dull metal coatings compared to smooth blued steel and wood, or in my case I have to admit to a love of stag and ivory grips, the new stuff just does not look very appealing.

Now I do think the P365XL is one of the better looking polymers. And I will freely admit that I am learning that yes, with the positive attributes of them, which I am learning, I can see one " being happy for the rest of your life", with one. You just have to get over the ugly, to see Cinderella...

20211116_110831.jpg

This does not mean I am not still turned by a pretty face, where for art thou little 4 inch EMP...

I see what you’re saying but …..🤔

View attachment 23065
Lol, you forgot three very important words, in your opinion.

In my opinion however, I do not find it to be too small. It fits my hand perfectly. And I would find no reason to go with something larger in the category of a do it all pistol. It carries well, shoots well out to distances I am have tried it with. Have shot to 40 yards with it so far snd been impressed. Handles recoil well, and has an acceptable ammunition capacity. Being smaller and lighter if I was going with only one gun I would have to consider it over my previous opinion choice of a 1911 commander.

Again, in my opinion.

This post does not imply however that I have found my one and only. Hardly so. I still prefer revolvers for most carry, and this will be relegated to my GHB, and maybe carried occasionally, possibly going to the big city. And maybe one for my wife.

But I can see someone being happy with a polymer pistol, once you accept it ain't ever gonna be purty.

I drooled over the XL for months and when I shot it I could barely get on paper at 7 yards. With my Hellcat I hit 9/10 ring easily. Maybe the grip or something. IDK Wasn't going to waste 50 more rounds. :ROFLMAO:
That pretty wears off when you use a kydex holster. My sons P365 looks years old while his Shield 1.0 still looks new.

There's a beauty in most firearms design to me. But, sometimes it's only skin deep. Designed function while appearance may be lacking or not is also a type or form of beauty or ugliness in firearms as well. Like looking at the lines, function of a boat, building or another vehicle can be.

I got to finally try a Sig 365, I kinda of liked how it shot and how it fit my hand
Exactly, I personally find it to be the perhaps the best compromise I have found between a compact service weapon and the mouse gun.

Rather like the 3 inch Sw Model 60 for me. I find it is in a sweet spot, shooting and carry wise between say the ultra compact 2 inch Jframe and the Model 19 service revolver. To me. It's the perfect compromise for do everything.

I drooled over the XL for months and when I shot it I could barely get on paper at 7 yards. With my Hellcat I hit 9/10 ring easily. Maybe the grip or something. IDK Wasn't going to waste 50 more rounds. :ROFLMAO:
That pretty wears off when you use a kydex holster. My sons P365 looks years old while his Shield 1.0 still looks new.

G42 7 yards Sig XRZ.jpg

These are some of my first targets with the Holosun-7 yards

Back