testtest

PA wants permits for online ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about we just not let the politicians do anything without asking the population of their districts first? They must get 60% to agree to a proposed bill before it’s even brought to the floor of any governing body?

Unfortunately the way it's written, we vote for them based on what they say they're going to do, and that is our tacit approval for their actions while in office. We don't get an ongoing "line-item veto" throughout their term...and we have no recourse when they go against their campaign promises, other than voting them out next time.

I think we need GLOBAL term limits. Congress, House, Governor, local reps, all of 'em. "Career politicians" need to go. Those are people who are serving themselves, not serving their constituents...it all needs to change. Get in, serve your people for ONE TERM, then make way for the next person. It'll help keep things from getting any more into "monarchy" status - these people get in, their friends get in, their PACs get in...and the money starts flowing and never stops. Actual "serving the public" ended long ago.

Term limits for all govt employees. The ones at the DMV, State dept, etc. they all need to get into private sector and get real jobs, feel what it’s like to actually produce and function as a prerequisite to keeping their jobs. Not just take up space and create paperwork.

Yes and no
Term limits agreed, but maybe a 10-15yr tops for politicians. Hell, it takes them prob 2 years just to figure **** out. I want someone with experience, but not overstay their welcome. Think like a rank Captain or Major. I want experience, but your not going to make general and a career of it.

What "experience" does our President have?

I think he's doing a hell of a job, and I prefer someone with NO "experience".

"Experience" to me means, in this case, knowing how to game the system for personal gain. Bag that. Get some straight-shooter, normal-citizens in there and eliminate the politician class completely.

Agreed. How do we test for moral and ethical qualifications? All I see is greed and an unwillingness to risk their cushy positions, power, insurance and retirement.
Make the job so expensive that they have to do it out of a sense of DUTY! Not a path to the bank!

Yes and no
Term limits agreed, but maybe a 10-15yr tops for politicians. Hell, it takes them prob 2 years just to figure **** out. I want someone with experience, but not overstay their welcome. Think like a rank Captain or Major. I want experience, but your not going to make general and a career of it.
Good analogy, and I'd give them 8-10 yrs on the job max, with them understanding if they started slacking-off at any given time, they'd be sent home, with no exceptions. Lower their damn salary also, and any raises, voted on by the constituents, would be based on job performance and accomplishments.

Let's add to the necessary qualifications prior to being elected that they have served at least 4 yrs minimum in the Armed Forces.......in the Enlisted ranks.
That would be tough.
Some cannot serve based on a minor medical condition but may be brilliant tactical and business savy. I’d hate to not have an outstanding president due to the military qualification.

What "experience" does our President have?

I think he's doing a hell of a job, and I prefer someone with NO "experience".

"Experience" to me means, in this case, knowing how to game the system for personal gain. Bag that. Get some straight-shooter, normal-citizens in there and eliminate the politician class completely.
By experience I mean on the job training. A military person that gets elected to politcal office, as many do, need a few years to gain the street smarts and ins and outs of politics and their constituents. He needs to gain experience. Hate to have them get that knowledge and then kick them out soon afterwards. Cant have a ton of privates running around. You need some sergeants and captains in there as well

our current President gained his knowledge by dealing with the politics and red tape getting his business dealings done. So he came to the office with politcal savvy.

I chalk that up to business, not politics.

I grew up inside the beltway. "Politics" to me, is strictly corruption. Period. "Business" requires smarts, and knowing how to work within a system...but that's more Sales to me. Our President is a businessman, not a politician. He knows how to sell (product and ideas - see "Art Of The Deal"), he knows how to get sh....er, stuff done. But he's not a "politician" - that's the back-office, PAC-bankrolled, pay-to-play BS that the Swamp is based on.

I think making sure they serve in the military is a good idea. How about we make that a prerequisite to vote? Must be serving, have served, be a first responder, etc.

Tired of people who do nothing but take demand more for themselves.

By experience I mean on the job training. A military person that gets elected to politcal office, as many do, need a few years to gain the street smarts and ins and outs of politics and their constituents. He needs to gain experience. Hate to have them get that knowledge and then kick them out soon afterwards. Cant have a ton of privates running around. You need some sergeants and captains in there as well

our current President gained his knowledge by dealing with the politics and red tape getting his business dealings done. So he came to the office with politcal savvy.
"...Cant have a ton of privates running around."

I suggested at least 4 yrs military duty. If they're still a Private after 4 yrs I would categorize them ineligle for any further gov't jobs. ;)

See my previous post about medical
Make 'em staffers/advisors. Far too many elected politicians these days who think of and treat the military like 3rd rate citizens. Serving a minimum tour might make our future reps more appreciative if they've actually served in the working-side of the armed forces. Just my two cents. ;)

Make 'em staffers/advisors. Far too many elected politicians these days who think of and treat the military like 3rd rate citizens. Serving a minimum tour might make our future reps more appreciative if they've actually served in the working-side of the armed forces. Just my two cents. ;)
i think that goes along with those politicians who dont care about 2A. They treat the military same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back