testtest

Palmetto is ditching their Norma MHP, $8/box!

P

Pro Digy

Might not be the most amazing ammo, although this seemed to be appreciated here: https://www.thearmorylife.com/norma-mhp-whats-a-monolithic-hollow-point/ but Palmetto is selling a box of 20 MHP 108gr for $8, that's not bad, even if it's for training. I've shot plenty of these with satisfactory results.

Screenshot 2023-02-28 153704.png

https://palmettostatearmory.com/nor...c-hollow-point-9mm-ammo-20-box-299740020.html

We normally buy tons of ammo from Norma direct still won't get this kind of pricing!

True, training rounds would be cheaper for sure. Norma sells them direct for $18/box of 20, so $8/box is a better deal.
These MHP are definitively a good backup ammo choice, and my Prodigy seems to like these better than anything past 124gr.

I get you though, 147gr HST is the way to go, no disagreement there ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
funny how the picture on the box seems to show a steel case, where as in the description, it says it's brass.

Midway USA is selling if for $25. per box.

i wonder the huge price drop from Palmetto..???

i ain't never seen brass this dark before

article-norma-mhp-whats-a-monolithic-hollow-point-2.jpg

I personally like them for my sub compacts. I live in an area where fat is the major barrier and have yet to see gel tests for fat. Light clothing works here 320 days a year.

I personally like them for my sub compacts. I live in an area where fat is the major barrier and have yet to see gel tests for fat. Light clothing works here 320 days a year.
are you saying that "fatty's" in your area compose the majority of thugs..????

man, you can just out run them, and they'll get a heart attack trying to chase you, and the money you could save on ammo, is INCREDIBLE...!!!!!!

funny how the picture on the box seems to show a steel case, where as in the description, it says it's brass.

Midway USA is selling if for $25. per box.

i wonder the huge price drop from Palmetto..???

i ain't never seen brass this dark before

article-norma-mhp-whats-a-monolithic-hollow-point-2.jpg
It's a brass case, it has some sort of teflonesk blackening on it. I bought some for my son to try, it was definitely brass case, I looked at a fired case
.45 is on close out.

Last edited:
I do like norma ammo in general, they even have some pretty interesting frangible ones. Never have had issues with any except one lot of .223 frangibles that was misbehaving badly. Consequently, it seems norma might have given up on these as it's perpetually out of stock apparently. Their 9mm frangibles are pretty good, NXD and MHP work well with my Prodigy. Their 308 ammo is pretty good and their 5.56 green tips are pretty good too. Not the top of the line, but pretty good overall. Again, not an endorsement, simply unbiased first-hand experience observation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got 30 boxes of this stuff. So far I’ve found that it won’t fit the majority of magazines. It overall length seems too long. Glock mags will load 8-9 rounds and then it jams in the magazine. So far the only magazines I’ve found it fits is my Walther PDP

Hi,

PSA has been trying to dump that ammo for a while now. I have a few boxes that I bought a few years ago, back during the plandemic when you pretty much had to get what you could in CA because the shelves were empty and there were limits. Don't know why I haven't shot any yet to test. I checked out a few Youtube reviews and, in general, it was just OK. Expansion was inconsistent, especially with heavier clothing over ballistic gel. One reviewer said it would make good "summertime" defense ammo, like when it had to go through a t-shirt only. It was mentioned that the overall length of the cartridge was a little longer than normal and could cause feed issues with some guns. Next time I get to the range I'll try to remember to bring a box or two and see how it works in my nines. Definitely not my first choice in SD ammo. But if that's all you got, smoke 'em if you got 'em. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back