testtest

Pandemic Prepping Lessons: What Did We Learn?

Well there was this. .

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1713108025486.jpg
    FB_IMG_1713108025486.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 99
Many years ago, early in our marriage, we ran out of TP once. My late wife swore it would never happen again and to this day I keep a good supply on hand.
For me, hard lessons were learned in July 2003 when "Hurricane Elvis" hit our area. Our power was out for 6 days and we were some of the lucky ones. I lost a freezer full of food and more. Fortunately, I am a camper and we did have stoves and lanterns to get by on. It wasn't easy, but we made it through. I was amazed that many of my neighbors didn't have so much as a manual can opener.
I won't really call myself a prepper, but I now have a generator and keep the house stocked with a minimum of two months worth of food and supplies. I can stretch it out longer if need be.
As for ammo, well I've always been a bit of a hoarder there. I keep a minimum of 1000 rounds on hand for the most common calibers I shoot and generally a couple of hundred rounds for the oddballs.
During the pandemic, I did have to deal with some shortages, but nothing serious. I got through it just fine. ;)

Pre-Wu-Flu my small firearms training business was thriving. I was using 21,000 rounds a year in my classes for 8 years. Shortly after COVID struck, I couldn't buy one round. My stockpile dwindled. Ammo became so scarce and expensive it was not viable. Then the security and PI companies stopped sending people to training to avoid exposure to COVID. The business was no longer viable so I closed it. It still shake my head at the fact that our ammo supply lines are so fragile. When you can, buy it cheap and stack it deep.

What did I learn from the Fauci Flu Fiasco... Just how gullible the Cult of Compliance can be to include Mass Formation Psychosis and the mandate persecution from failing to comply. Being stopped from traveling, buying of items and in the end, concentration camps in some countries. Bank accounts frozen, deletion of factual information from those that were well aware of the outcomes we see today.

The fallout is still here today and will continue as long as 33% of the population will swallow anything, 30% will resist stupidity and the remainder will rationalize any action to just get along. That said, the garden is up and running and freeze-drying the order of the day, with canning etc. Hate to break it to ya, but FEMA just got a law, maybe an internal Regulation, (all the same now) they can seize food supplies in an "emergency". Boils down to what state you are in and who is the Govenor, as to what will be enforced. Prepare, stay low and prepare to have to deal with those that did not...

The pandemic was real and it killed a lot of people and made a lot more sick. My youngest daughter was an ER physician at the time and saw it firsthand. Our response to it on the other hand was not rational. The benefit I can see of all that social distancing is that it stopped the annual influenza outbreaks in its tracks.

The pandemic was real and it killed a lot of people and made a lot more sick. My youngest daughter was an ER physician at the time and saw it firsthand. Our response to it on the other hand was not rational. The benefit I can see of all that social distancing is that it stopped the annual influenza outbreaks in its tracks.
Well that and the fact that all the flu cases were called Covid so the hospitals would get paid.

Well that and the fact that all the flu cases were called Covid so the hospitals would get paid.

No doubt some hospital administrators cooked the books to get the money, but the point of treatment testing numbers showed a big drop in flu cases. And some folks can get flu and COVID at the same time. Changing prevention behaviors has to have an effect on the flu. I for one prefer to avoid crowds of people most of the time anyway, and have found that avoiding children during flu season keeps me healthier.

Yep about a year later I was picking up some meds, at the local pharmacy as I was told my annual flu shot was there and if I wanted it. My response was "I thought the Fauci Flu Shot cured that!" I couldn't see the facial expression due to the assistant still wearing the mask, but I could imagine. Just don't trust Pharma anymore. Injecting gene therapy and calling it a vaccine (they had to change the definition of) has placed a cloud over the medical profession that will take a long time to forget...
However, bless your daughter and her work in the ER. As I transported hundreds of injured and sick people there while working Med-Evac flights.
But the response from the Government was/is deceptive as a whole and the 3% that were suspicious became 40% as they even denied and ridiculed Noble Peace Prize drugs and Physicians. Calling it horse worm paste and censored quacks. Approving and arranging billions of doses of the drug for decades, till the manufacturer's patent ran out. The inventing Company was pushing a new 3k replacement that were worse than the disease. So getting way off the proper post, stock up on not only Beans and Bullets, functional Meds as well. You will be locked down if you fail to join the Cult of Compliance or refuse the mandated medication time...

No doubt some hospital administrators cooked the books to get the money, but the point of treatment testing numbers showed a big drop in flu cases. And some folks can get flu and COVID at the same time. Changing prevention behaviors has to have an effect on the flu. I for one prefer to avoid crowds of people most of the time anyway, and have found that avoiding children during flu season keeps me healthier.
I’ve been social distancing since the early 90s and I avoid children at all costs.

living in SE Georgia amongst the worst power company in the US, Okefenokee Power, (yes I kid you not!) and some hurricanes and thunderstorms knocking out power many times, we've had a generator for many years, the trick is you do not have to run the genny all the time to keep our food cold / frozen, cut it off for a few hours then run it for a couple hours, and I have a huge battery for the DSL line (internet) as someone here mentioned, when ammo goes on sale buy it, for long arms all I run are .308, .223 and a .22 LR all suppressed, then in small arms .45, .357 (.38) and of course .22LR, all pretty much standard calibers, plenty of dried goods / food stuff, keep on the shelf for years, I survived shipboard chow for many years so nothing I cant eat, (except Balut, I will not eat Balut ever again)

Back