testtest

Patriot missile and rush hour

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
Minding your business driving in Ukraine and a patriot missle side swipes your car. Heads up šŸ˜±šŸ˜¬
Guess its better than a Russian missile killing you. !

sad thing insurance companies dont cover wartime losses

I hear you there Mike, I drove RT. 78 from Pa. to Clinton NJ for over 30 years. I'm luck to have survived and that I didn't end up in any of the numerous crashes I came upon during that time.
Very familiar with that route. Jugtown mtn during winter was always good for a few wrecks a year. Not as bad now with the use of brine.
Eastbound 78 traffic in the morning rush is damn near impossible with the sunglare!

Very familiar with that route. Jugtown mtn during winter was always good for a few wrecks a year. Not as bad now with the use of brine.
Eastbound 78 traffic in the morning rush is damn near impossible with the sunglare!
Yup, probably drivers looking at the different color ice flow atop the Jugtown Mountain pass. I kept maps of Warren and Hunterdon counties with me and had several "back ways" to work and return home, when traffic use to slow to a crawl.
Before moving to Pa. in 1981, I use to live in Chester NJ and would travel west on 78 in the morning to Clinton. The sun was always at my back both there and back. But for the 30+ years driving in from Pa. when I moved there, the sun was horrendous being in front on the round trip cummute, both there and return. Man I sure don't miss that.

Yup, probably drivers looking at the different color ice flow atop the Jugtown Mountain pass. I kept maps of Warren and Hunterdon counties with me and had several "back ways" to work and return home, when traffic use to slow to a crawl.
Before moving to Pa. in 1981, I use to live in Chester NJ and would travel west on 78 in the morning to Clinton. The sun was always at my back both there and back. But for the 30+ years driving in from Pa. when I moved there, the sun was horrendous being in front on the round trip cummute, both there and return. Man I sure don't miss that.
There's a weigh station now out by Bloomsbury. Trucks are often parked on the shoulder waiting for it open before they cross into PA. At least a couple times a year, usually early morning, there is an accident involving a car running into the back of the trailer of the parked trucked. It never ends well for the people in the car.

Yeah, I watched the two (one on each side of 78), being built for millions of dollars and then not even used. Finally they started using them and Iā€™d see a line of trucks waiting on the shoulder at East bound station. Perhaps they are more heavily utilized now, I retired in 2010 and havenā€™t been on 78 that many times since. If I do use 78, I try to avoid the rush hour timeframes.

yeah, i had a regular run from RI to NJ, 5 nights a week. usually I-95 to the NJTP, and back.

sometimes I-287, down Rte 17, if the Cross Bronx was mucked up

sometimes with past jobs, all the way down to the Delaware Mem. Bridge

what joy the NJTP was to drive during ice, fog, and snowstorms.
i grew up next to rt 17. the rt 17/rt4 clover leaf was the worst interchange in the country.

I hear you there Mike, I drove RT. 78 from Pa. to Clinton NJ for over 30 years. I'm luck to have survived and that I didn't end up in any of the numerous crashes I came upon during that time.
State Farm Ins. In 2021 listed Route 78 at the Easton/Philipsburg line 10 miles east and 10 miles west one of the top 10 deadliest highways in North America. I still travel that route 2 days a week.

State Farm Ins. In 2021 listed Route 78 at the Easton/Philipsburg line 10 miles east and 10 miles west one of the top 10 deadliest highways in North America. I still travel that route 2 days a week.
I believe it. Iā€™ve known coworkers that have lost family members or coworkers themselves that have lost their life on that interstate. During rush hour, itā€™s like the autobahn with vehicles weaving in and out at high speeds. I use to travel it 8:45 - 9:30am each morning. I once gave a ride to a coworker that lived by me, and he said traffic was worse the hour prior, when he would commented it.
Brother, I wish you the best during your commute on that ride, and with all the people moving into that area, itā€™s probably worse now than when I drove it.

Highway driving in NJ is NASCAR for the masses. Going 80 in the center lane? Pft! Guy behind you is doing 80 too and is close enough to smell your coffee. Oh yeah. While the guy behind you is drafting (to save on gas), the guy in the right lane is passing you doing 90 because, well, you're only going 80. He would have passed you on the left, like he should, but that lane was occupied by the state trooper doing 95. This is not an exaggeration. :ROFLMAO:

Highway driving in NJ is NASCAR for the masses. Going 80 in the center lane? Pft! Guy behind you is doing 80 too and is close enough to smell your coffee. Oh yeah. While the guy behind you is drafting (to save on gas), the guy in the right lane is passing you doing 90 because, well, you're only going 80. He would have passed you on the left, like he should, but that lane was occupied by the state trooper doing 95. This is not an exaggeration. :ROFLMAO:
that is why i hated the "car lanes" and the "truck lanes" on the NJTP

we truckers were verboten to use the car lanes, unless the truck lanes were closed.

yet, the car drivers could go either way, and screw with us.

i was delighted when i heard on the local radio station down there, that if NJ resident gets into an accident, even if he/she was not at fault..??

they got banged BIG time with insurance surcharge hikes....

made me feel all warm and fuzzy

Childs playšŸ˜
Thatā€™s daily in Texas. Lot of our freeways are posted at 85mph.
Passed a cop doing 92 and he he lit up my radar detector as I approached. We made eye contact and he never came out for me. Only 7mph over

that is why i hated the "car lanes" and the "truck lanes" on the NJTP

we truckers were verboten to use the car lanes, unless the truck lanes were closed.

yet, the car drivers could go either way, and screw with us.

i was delighted when i heard on the local radio station down there, that if NJ resident gets into an accident, even if he/she was not at fault..??

they got banged BIG time with insurance surcharge hikes....

made me feel all warm and fuzzy
Depends on the insurance company. Car insurance here isnthe highest in the nation. We insure two cars for about $2800/yr. We have clean driving records and no accidents.
The ā€œtruck lanesā€. Ah yes. Iā€™d only take them if them if the car lanes were backed up or had an accident. However, i knew my place. I was a very small fish riding with big rigs. I minded my manners.

Childs playšŸ˜
Passed a cop doing 92 and he he lit up my radar detector as I approached. We made eye contact and he never came out for me. Only 7mph over
Oh i get it. Max on highways here is 65 mph. Staties wonā€™t get out of the car for anything less than 15 mph over the limit because everyone is doing about 80. Heā€™d wear out the soles of his shoes getting in and out if his cruiser.

Childs playšŸ˜
yes but even I 20 and I 30 heading east of terrel or rockwall are WIDE open to the AR or LA line, we routinely are running 80 to 85 like its nothing . if we could get the OTR trucks to stay right it would be no limit
:eek:

Back