testtest

Patriot Takes Down Russian Hypersonic Missile

Hammer67

Professional
In yet another of a string of recent embarrassing episodes for the Russians, Ukraine just used the supposedly 'outdated' Patriot missile system to take down one of the most advanced weapons in the Russian arsenal - the Kh-47 'Kinzhal' hypersonic missile (capable of traveling 10 times the speed of sound). Maybe the Patriot isn't so 'outdated' after all....🤔

yes agree, but we have active duty troops in ukraine??? i bet my left toe
We have a small contingent of mil advisors there, in a variety of capacities - systems training, assisting with cyber, etc. I have not seen any credible evidence of active duty U.S. troops engaged in combat. That would obviously cross a line that would light off a whole **** storm, and is not worth the risk for us.

Last edited:
We have a small contingent of mil advisors there, in a variety of capacities - systems training, assisting with cyber, etc. I have not seen any credible evidence of active duty U.S. troops engaged in combat. That would obviously cross a line that would light off a whole **** storm, and is not worth the risk for us.
oh you know it would be a shiiiiiit storm.
but i know all to well how our government works and bet a toe we have people in place doing more than advising .
but patriots could be tied to internet and "person" could be in another country and be selecting fire
i sure hope not, but we have always gone to great lenghts to try to pay Russia back for vietnam

...but i know all to well how our government works and bet a toe we have people in place doing more than advising .
iu

....but we have always gone to great lenghts to try to pay Russia back for vietnam
We don't need to go that far back in history to have valid reasons. 😎

You don’t think creating/funding the Taliban and UBL in the 1980’s was enough?
We always stick our noses in where they shouldn't be. Thank the "intelligence" community and military industrial complex for that. And we aren't the only ones guilty of doing that. NATO and Europe has also either done the same, or approved/helped fund doing that. If we hadn't "removed" Saddam from Iraq, isis would never have formed.

We always stick our noses in where they shouldn't be. Thank the "intelligence" community and military industrial complex for that. And we aren't the only ones guilty of doing that. NATO and Europe has also either done the same, or approved/helped fund doing that. If we hadn't "removed" Saddam from Iraq, isis would never have formed.
Hell…if Kermit Roosevelt hadn’t overthrown a moderately left-leaning Iranian President and installed a brutal dictatorship (Shah) simply for BP’s profits, we probably wouldn’t have the issues with radical Islamic fundamentalism we have today…

I suppose I should have known this would turn into another America-bashing thread that has nothing to do with the original topic. :rolleyes:

Acknowledging America made mistakes in the past is “bashing”?

Seriously?
No - I readily admit we've made mistakes in the past, and that we should be critical of our past policy failures, in order to learn and do better. But focusing on them ceaslessly, as seems to be the fashion these days on both sides of the aisle, feels like "bashing" to me. It's become very trendy to focus on all the bad and not praise and appreciate any of the good the U.S. has done in the world (and there is a lot, imo) - and again, I think that rabbit hole applies to both sides. I'll acknowledge our mistakes, but I'm not going to give in to the general negativity about our country that has become so popular.

But again - this really has nothing to do with the original topic. I understand that threads drift, but this one took about 3 posts before turning into, "let's point out all of America's past foreign policy failures," when that isn't even remotely the topic that this started with. Carry on - but I'll avoid posting anything like this in the future. 😉

Last edited:
There have been US personnel there accounting for & tracking the use of US supplied aid for over a year.

Plus, of course there are US military there protecting the embassy.
Correct. There is a small contingent of US troops for monitoring and tracking the equipment sent. I was in a former Soviet republic and every country has an active duty team to coordinate actions to supply the military gear. It's standard practice, though I would much prefer a robust operational survey group to take stock of what is where and how it was used once this thing is over. US active duty troop units are stationed in Poland and Romania. Go to Google Earth and search for Mihail Kogălniceanu, Romania for example to see the overhead image, MWR and DFAC locations even.

Ukrainian Patriot crews have been trained in Germany, which uses Patriot, and at Ft. Sill, OK. They should be proficient using the system, and it appears they are.

Correct. There is a small contingent of US troops for monitoring and tracking the equipment sent. I was in a former Soviet republic and every country has an active duty team to coordinate actions to supply the military gear. It's standard practice, though I would much prefer a robust operational survey group to take stock of what is where and how it was used once this thing is over. US active duty troop units are stationed in Poland and Romania. Go to Google Earth and search for Mihail Kogălniceanu, Romania for example to see the overhead image, MWR and DFAC locations even.

Ukrainian Patriot crews have been trained in Germany, which uses Patriot, and at Ft. Sill, OK. They should be proficient using the system, and it appears they are.
as a sailor over 25 years ago...we spent time in ukraine. helping and all that

Back