testtest

PCC suggestions?

Can't go wrong with any of the options the guys above are recommending.

The PC Carbine has an excellent trigger from the factory and it's a really reliable cost efficient option. I really enjoy shooting mine. I recommend the original style with the full polymer furniture or the Magpul backpacker stock option for a lighter rifle than the free float handguard model.

An AR9 build is another good option because you can build it to your own specifications. I recommend you do your homework before buying the parts to put one together in terms of reliable BCG's and a dedicated 9mm buffer system. Aero has the EPC9 receiver sets and other parts at a reasonable price point.

The CZ Scorpion PCC is an awesome rifle but it suffers from a brutally heavy trigger pull from the factory though there are plenty of readily available upgrade options for customizing a Scorpion for short money including factory mags which can be had for around $15.00. The Scorpion won't take Glock mags but the factory Scorpion mags and Magpul mags are (in my opinion) superior to Glock mags in terms of loading them and ease of use.

As per other suggestions...

1) CZ Scorpion 3 Plus (new & improved model vs. the earlier Evo 3). Non-Glock 9mm mag

2) CMMG Resolute or Dissent , both Mk.G. uses Glock 9mm mag.

3) CMMG Dissent Mk.4 uses CMMG AR-like 9mm magazine

Last edited:
SP5 Clone is a great idea. I have a Century AP5 and AP5-P and both are fantastic, but you’re not likely to get one for $800. I also have a Freedom Ordnance FX-9 that takes Glock mags. Mine has an 8 inch barrel, but if you don’t want to go down the SBR route they do a 16 in version. Great gun, I think I paid $650 for mine.

SP5 Clone is a great idea. I have a Century AP5 and AP5-P and both are fantastic, but you’re not likely to get one for $800. I also have a Freedom Ordnance FX-9 that takes Glock mags. Mine has an 8 inch barrel, but if you don’t want to go down the SBR route they do a 16 in version. Great gun, I think I paid $650 for mine.

That looks cool. This one won't require the SBR.

That looks cool. This one won't require the SBR.

It won’t now because it doesn’t come with a stabilizing brace. Mine was sold with a stabilizing brace, which subjects it to the current rule. With a fully collapsed stock on mine it measures 27 3/4 in.

It won’t now because it doesn’t come with a stabilizing brace. Mine was sold with a stabilizing brace, which subjects it to the current rule. With a fully collapsed stock on mine it measures 27 3/4 in.
Unless you remove the brace.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the only thing the OAL over 26" means is you can legally put a VFG on it, correct ? And the OAL is measured from the tip of the barrel ( not including muzzle devices that aren't pinned and welded) to the end of the buffer tube or collapsed brace ?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the only thing the OAL over 26" means is you can legally put a VFG on it, correct ? And the OAL is measured from the tip of the barrel ( not including muzzle devices that aren't pinned and welded) to the end of the buffer tube or collapsed brace ?
I thought it was brace fully extended or if you have a folder, to the back of the hinge with the brace folded.

Sorry Bob I was reading on AR15.com and they were saying extended brace, but saw the actual ATF letter and it says:

If the stabilizing brace is stationary, only standard receiver extensions are considered in overall length measurements. For example, accessories (extensions) that have superfluous material are not included in the overall length measurement. However, when a device operating as a stabilizing brace is attached to a firearm using a folding or collapsing mechanism, overall length is measured with the brace in the folded or collapsed position. Otherwise, a firearm could avoid classification as an AOW, yet retain the concealability and functionality of an AOW.

Glock Mags vs Colt 9mm SMG Mags in AR9s

Springfield 9mm pcc
The reason I want a rifle that uses Glock mags is because my carry gun is a Glock. If my fiance (not an ammosexual) ever needs to use the gun she wont have to figure out which mag goes to which gun should she ever need to.

It also saves me money having that cross platform compatibly

Back