testtest

Permitted Carry holder engages active shooter.. then killed by police

Unless unassailable evidence arises to the contrary, I will have to believe that this was an honest mistake by the cop too. I want to see if the family goes after him like the other side attacks the police for everything they do. Or don't do.

I can totally understand how this can happen if you rush to a scene like this with a report of an officer down, active shooter with long guns and here you have a guy right in front of you holding a long gun. As far as you know and statistically speaking, there is your shooter.

Unless unassailable evidence arises to the contrary, I will have to believe that this was an honest mistake by the cop too. I want to see if the family goes after him like the other side attacks the police for everything they do. Or don't do.

I can totally understand how this can happen if you rush to a scene like this with a report of an officer down, active shooter with long guns and here you have a guy right in front of you holding a long gun. As far as you know and statistically speaking, there is your shooter.
Here's my question...

Was he holding the AR in a threatening manner? Ie, Shouldered, aiming at someone?

Or was he just holding it, particularly not by the grip?

If the former, I can cut the cop some slack. If the latter...inexf(rhymes with duck)ingcusable.

Here's my question...

Was he holding the AR in a threatening manner? Ie, Shouldered, aiming at someone?

Or was he just holding it, particularly not by the grip?

If the former, I can cut the cop some slack. If the latter...inexf(rhymes with duck)ingcusable.
My thought exactly Hans.

Obviously a horrible tragedy,
Mr. Hurley a true American Hero, sadly to many questions on why he picked up the rifle. Obviously he thought he was doing the right thing. Was the responding officer right in “shoot first ask questions later”
The bottom line is EVERY law abiding citizen especially CC holders should be very proud of Mr. Hurley’s actions, he very likely saved countless lives.
God bless the fallen officer and Mr. Hurley, RIP gentleman.

My thought exactly Hans.

Obviously a horrible tragedy,
Mr. Hurley a true American Hero, sadly to many questions on why he picked up the rifle. Obviously he thought he was doing the right thing. Was the responding officer right in “shoot first ask questions later”
The bottom line is EVERY law abiding citizen especially CC holders should be very proud of Mr. Hurley’s actions, he very likely saved countless lives.
God bless the fallen officer and Mr. Hurley, RIP gentleman.

Question? Dude, almost all of us have prefaced anything we said with something about not jumping to conclusions without all the information. Given the information we do have though why in the hell would anyone jump to " Trigger happy cop" over " Poorly trained civilian holding an AR at the scene of a shooting when the cops show up" ?

We have had no less than a hundred discussions here about how important it is to know what to do after a SD shooting or active shooter scene. Sadly at least 2 of you here are questioning a police officer who risks his life to serve the public every day, calling his actions uneffingexcusable even, yet it's somehow cold hearted to point out that Mr. Hurley should not have been standing over 2 dead bodies, one of which was a uniformed police officer, with a Effing AR-15 in his hands when responding officers showed up ?

Without all the information I am inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to the guy who was actually trained for this kind of work before I give it to random dude with a CC permit who very likely had an 8 hour class, primarily on the law and took 5 or 10 shots at a static target at close range and was given a permit.

Maybe it's just me. :unsure:

Question? Dude, almost all of us have prefaced anything we said with something about not jumping to conclusions without all the information. Given the information we do have though why in the hell would anyone jump to " Trigger happy cop" over " Poorly trained civilian holding an AR at the scene of a shooting when the cops show up" ?

We have had no less than a hundred discussions here about how important it is to know what to do after a SD shooting or active shooter scene. Sadly at least 2 of you here are questioning a police officer who risks his life to serve the public every day, calling his actions uneffingexcusable even, yet it's somehow cold hearted to point out that Mr. Hurley should not have been standing over 2 dead bodies, one of which was a uniformed police officer, with a Effing AR-15 in his hands when responding officers showed up ?

Without all the information I am inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to the guy who was actually trained for this kind of work before I give it to random dude with a CC permit who very likely had an 8 hour class, primarily on the law and took 5 or 10 shots at a static target at close range and was given a permit.

I guess after too many instances of police officers shooting first and assessing after, I'm not as willing to cut them slack as I once was.

My issue is more with the "warrior training" that's been popular with LE for the past 20 years or so, that basically trains cops that it's better to open fire when they think, not when they KNOW there is a threat, and rely on "Blue Privilege"--qualified immunity, reluctance to prosecute, public support--to get them off the hook when they are wrong.

Yeah considering I made my comments based on the article I read and my feelings of the situation!

Maybe it’s just you. Dude.

Back