testtest

Pets, do you have any........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 11yr old black lad (female) and a lad pit mix 9 yrs old (female) love them to death. always have dogs always will. I had about every other kind of animal in my life time so far. You name it I think I had it. Now that the boy is out on his own its just me and the three girls (girlfriend) at least the dogs don't talk back.

Sababa face.jpg

I'll be honest - I'd wanted another German Shepherd. I had one (a giant of a male, at 130 lbs. in his prime: the vet and his staff used to call him "The Horse," and would clear the entire waiting room for him when we brought him in, even though he was perfectly behaved) when I was a teenager, and wanted another.

But my daughter (then 7 - the dog was for her, for getting through first grade, oh, how things change! :love:) really wanted a Golden Retriever.

My wife was adamant on wanting a dog that shed less.

So we settled on a Goldendoodle. I didn't want a doodle. I thought they weren't manly enough. :p

He's a medium sized one. Dad was 10-lb. miniature poodle. Mom was a full-sized Golden Retriever. When we went to see the pups and the parents, I *really* wanted to high-five the daddy, despite the scientist in me knowing that's -NOT- how it was done. ;):ROFLMAO:

My wife - who up until we got this dog was definitely *not* a dog person - actually picked him out, with the help of our breeder. He turned out to be absolutely perfect for us, mellow as can be, and just the sweetest, goodest boy ever.

Needless to say, my wife is now completely a dog person. She'll go clear out of her way to pet a dog, any dog.

He's my daughter's adopted brother.

And he and I are best-pals.

His name is Sababa, which is Hebrew for, well, kinda "Hakuna Matata," a kind of care-free happiness.

When we took him to our vet for his first puppy checkup, the senior partner of the practice came around and asked about him. That doc is kinda an old hippie at-heart, and he just lit up at the mention of Sababa's name, and raved about the name being "perfect for the radiant positive energy" that this dog projected into his the clinic. :D

Sababa will be 7 this year.

I whisper to him that he still owes me about 4000 long sleeps, before he can consider himself off-duty. But the truth? I just know that his time with us is limited, and I can't remember what our lives were like without him and I know that I'm probably going to shed a tear when he leaves us. I've taught my daughter from the day that we got Sababa that we must love him intensely, because they're only with us for such a short time.

I love my Sababa.

Have had dogs all my adult life. Currently have two lap dogs, Lab-Rotweiller mix. One is black and weighs 94 pounds. Her sister is red and weighs 74 pounds. Best dog we ever had was a Golden Retriever/German shorthair mix who's parents were both champions that got together by accident. He looked more like a black lab but sure outhunted all the purebreds my buddys hunted. He lived over sixteen years. Both my children had their graudation pictures taken with him. :)

0CBA3B94-AB6D-4208-9DA5-7C1870B40DA1.jpeg
We have a Feist it’s a mountain dog used for hunting. He is very fast and can catch squirrels whenever he wants but he mostly chases them for fun and exercise, he rarely barks, lots of energy and very alert and inquisitive. If he does not know you he will place himself between you and his family members. Very protective.

Erol, Rommel, and Metro. My wife does an amazing job with the dogs. She used to run in competition circuits with her dad when she was a kid. Snowstorm, she is out training them. Hurricane, she is out training them. They are certainly better behaved than I am.
20170615_150952.jpg

I had several dogs growing up, but it was hard living out in the country. We farmed, had cattle and horses along with several dogs. The hard part was my grandmother the killer of dogs, unintentional of coarse! The dogs would sleep under vehicles and when she got in one and then too proceed to start it up, foot on gas and 1 hand on the shifter. She could put it in reverse so fast the dog would get run over. I think I had 3 dogs killed by her. BTW she was still a wonderful grandmother! Sadly he died, but not by my grandmother. He was 12! The dog's name was Falco.
20150928_173155.jpg

Last edited:
Erol, Rommel, and Metro. My wife does an amazing job with the dogs. She used to run in competition circuits with her dad when she was a kid. Snowstorm, she is out training them. Hurricane, she is out training them. They are certainly better behaved than I am. View attachment 803
My grandma had 2 german shepherds before. The one when I was 5 black as could be and kept me off her porch, but it didn't take her long too set the dog straight. The second 1 was half chow and german mix. The only chow trait was the curly tail and this dog kept everybody inside their vehicles, except me! I learned early that it had a weakness for jelly beans.

View attachment 785We have a Feist it’s a mountain dog used for hunting. He is very fast and can catch squirrels whenever he wants but he mostly chases them for fun and exercise, he rarely barks, lots of energy and very alert and inquisitive. If he does not know you he will place himself between you and his family members. Very protective.
My Springer saw your pic on my screen last night and went nuts over the squirrel. Think he was jealous. He can tree 'em but not fast enough to catch one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back