testtest

Photos of projects your working on.

Hatfield

Operator
Founding Member
1202CCC2-4CE5-48F3-AA49-CAA381083045.jpeg
What projects are you working on? This 30-06 bolt gun is being brought back from black spray paint on the barrel and action, the premium quilted and tiger striped wood stock that is in the weatherby style was dipped in a black plastic covering. I think the idea was to protect it from a wet environment, the inside of the barrel was surface rusted and I had to open the bolt with a rubber hammer(at least it wasn’t loaded). So far I have stripped down the stock hand sanded it down to 4000 grit wet sandpaper and rebuilt the finish with Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil with ten coats, sanding between each coat for adhesion and a deep sheen. I was able to remove the surface rust in the barrel and polish the locking lugs and sockets without removing the barrel. The next step is to Blue the barrel and action and bring it back to its original luster and finally drill for and add sling studs and reassemble. The time and effort put into this Lazarus rifle will outweigh its actual value, but it’s a repair for a shooting buddy. What are you working on?

Oh, wow!!!! o_O(y) @Hatfield - that is gorgeous!

-----

My project:

Smiley Thumb Close.jpg

And no, that smiley face on the steel was *not* on purpose.

Although we pretended it was like this -

1579742662403.png

We're still working on getting her used to the 9mm. Now that I've managed to cure this particular Glock's tendency to throw cases to our face, she's much more eager to give the gun a try, but the recoil (Gen4 G17 FS) is still a bit rough for her.

And she's still also not entirely over the noise of her AR, either, but we found that what she needed was a simple change in earpro (the Sordin really does an excellent job with the report of the AR, despite its lower NRR, the tuning of how these handle the AR's report versus her ProEars Tac SC Gold was actually quite startling).

Work in progress. :)

Last edited:
8AB62C2E-CD13-4F35-A4E8-B87FB80F7EA2.jpeg
So I was watching YouTube and there was a guy on there that was building an 80 percent with hand tools. So I ordered the parts. Watched a few more videos and read the directions. For those that haven’t built one yet, let me tell you, I took this 80 percent frame to a working really nice pistol in an easy two hours. Tools I used: the two drill bits that came with the kit, the jig that’s keeps you from screwing up, a flat file and a round chainsaw file. I used my bench vice to hold the jig and slowly filed away. Two hours later I did a mag dump in the back yard. My opinion? The best Glock I have ever had! But I carry a 1911.

View attachment 858So I was watching YouTube and there was a guy on there that was building an 80 percent with hand tools. So I ordered the parts. Watched a few more videos and read the directions. For those that haven’t built one yet, let me tell you, I took this 80 percent frame to a working really nice pistol in an easy two hours. Tools I used: the two drill bits that came with the kit, the jig that’s keeps you from screwing up, a flat file and a round chainsaw file. I used my bench vice to hold the jig and slowly filed away. Two hours later I did a mag dump in the back yard. My opinion? The best Glock I have ever had! But I carry a 1911.
I have to put my 80% up. Granddaughter and I did it together in the fashion of a Glock 23. Custom slide, but no trigger work yet. Will be some as it is sweet to shoot. We used the provided drills, mill and jig. Along with a bench drill press and a dremmel. Piece of cake.

Gun projects or any project?

Here I've been working my 3d Printer. I installed a Gimbal to reduce the strain on the drive cable. And a new hotend mount for the Zesty Nimble. After I get a new build plate I'll be printing up some forgrips and design a flared magwell for my XD Mod 2.

Attachments

• 20200119_160354.jpg
    20200119_160354.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 226
View attachment 858So I was watching YouTube and there was a guy on there that was building an 80 percent with hand tools. So I ordered the parts. Watched a few more videos and read the directions. For those that haven’t built one yet, let me tell you, I took this 80 percent frame to a working really nice pistol in an easy two hours. Tools I used: the two drill bits that came with the kit, the jig that’s keeps you from screwing up, a flat file and a round chainsaw file. I used my bench vice to hold the jig and slowly filed away. Two hours later I did a mag dump in the back yard. My opinion? The best Glock I have ever had! But I carry a 1911.
Are you sure it was only a mag dump from the excitement!

From poly clothes too poly firearms straight out of polyunsaturatedquickdesolvingfastactiongreenandpurplepills. How long did it take too figure it out? Mr. Peabody's! How much does a complete slide for the 80% costs as in regards too a 17, 19, 22 or 31?

Last edited:
Look around and you'll see all kinds of pricing. I believe my complete upper was about $400. Trigger assy was another $100 or so.
Cost more than my Factory Glocks.....
But..... the fun of building the firearm, especially with someone younger.
Two, ain't NO serial number on it!!!.

Back