testtest

Pistol chest rigs

I'm fixing to get one, kinda would like a universal for semi autos. what do you guys use and prefer?
1696112675386.jpeg

😳😳😳😳

Since most chest holsters are built for specific guns, the closest thing to a universal one is getting a Bianchi UM84 holster and the chest harness to adapt one to the chest configuration. The latter are hard to find.

Not knowing what you want to carry you'll have to see if the UM84 will work,....

...otherwise getting an a large enough chest pouch/rig set-up is the only other "universal" option. Lots of options there.

I use HPG kit bags.

I like the alien gear, it is not universal but that may not be a problem. you can get it for many different guns. i also like the chest gun pouches talyn posted. i may end up getting the alien gear for one gun and the chest pouch to carry all the others if i so choose. thanks for the links men and advice.

Mostly these will be used in the woods. i really don't care for a heavy handgun like a 45 or 10mm hangin off my belt.

Last edited:
I like the alien gear, it is not universal but that may not be a problem. you can get it for many different guns. i also like the chest gun pouches talyn posted. i may end up getting the alien gear for one gun and the chest pouch to carry all the others if i so choose. thanks for the links men and advice.

Mostly these will be used in the woods. i really don't care for a heavy handgun like a 45 or 10mm hangin off my belt.
Both Alien Gear & this outfit are located in the same Idaho location.

I have a couple of the Gunfighters rigs, and they are fine quality and meet my needs.

When the weather is crappy I use the HPG Kit bags for weather protection. They have 2-way zippers that allow for quick access.

I highly recommend the Diamond D Guides Choice, I've had mine for years and it still looks/works great; for synthetic I also have some Denali chest holsters, one of which I used during Elk bowhunting (A.K.A. camping with weapons) this season which is also comfortable & more importantly quiet... it's easier to pot a grouse in a tree rather than go in search of my arrow if I get a pass through on those little buggers while in a tree ;)

GP100-091421-Beveled.jpg

I use one of these (Dale) FRICKE ZACCHAEUS trigger guard covers in the HPG kit bags to prevent any thing snagging on the Glock-type trigger area. They pop off real fast & the string can be tied inside the pouch so it comes off when you draw the pistol from the pouch.

The Glock version that HPG sells work fine on Glocks & the SA XDms I have.

1696125864109.png

Fricke offers guards for others.

I highly recommend the Diamond D Guides Choice, I've had mine for years and it still looks/works great; for synthetic I also have some Denali chest holsters, one of which I used during Elk bowhunting (A.K.A. camping with weapons) this season which is also comfortable & more importantly quiet... it's easier to pot a grouse in a tree rather than go in search of my arrow if I get a pass through on those little buggers while in a tree ;)

GP100-091421-Beveled.jpg
I have one of these for my 329PD. Very nice if you like leather.

But I use the hybrid kydex/web strap types most of he time due to their lighter weight.

Back