testtest

Pistol dueling at the Summer Olympics

shanneba

Custom
In 1908, pistol dueling was demonstrated as part of the concurrent Franco-British Exhibition, using the Olympic fencing arena and in front of invited guests. The competition involved two competitors firing at each other with dueling pistols loaded with wax bullets and wearing protective equipment for the torso, face, and hands.

660px-1908_Olympics_wax_duel_field.png

duelling-pistol-competitor.jpg

In 1908, pistol dueling was demonstrated as part of the concurrent Franco-British Exhibition, using the Olympic fencing arena and in front of invited guests. The competition involved two competitors firing at each other with dueling pistols loaded with wax bullets and wearing protective equipment for the torso, face, and hands.

660px-1908_Olympics_wax_duel_field.png

duelling-pistol-competitor.jpg

Ok… how do you tell what wax bullet hit first to declare the winner ??

If it were me, I’m going for “the goods”. Nail the opponent so there is no mistaking a debilitating hit with a wax “ball” . 😁😉

Bill Jordan advocated use of primer-only charged wax bullets for practice in places like your backyard or basement. Some agencies used them in force on force training, but protective gear was critical. I made them by pouring a layer of melted wax in a form and pressing the primed cases into the wax. Never did use them in force on force training though. Those things will cut you. Predecessor of simunitions.

They already shoot at each other regardless. What you talking about.?
Have you not seen Chicago every weekend??
But they’re not dueling, they’re just plinking 🙄. I’m talking serious, controlled conditions-man to man with single shot say .44’s. Methinks most of the thugs/punks/gangbanger types would promptly fill their britches👍. It’s easy to be “tough” when you’re spraying lead at unarmed folks-quite different to find yourself staring down a barrel pointed at You.. I’ll never forget looking at the business end of a Colt Python that a psych patient was threatening to use. Looked like a 2 1/2” sewer pipe😳

Back