testtest

Pistol Love/Hate Relationship

Oaktree45

Master Class
I have a love/hate relationship with my CZ 27. I love shooting this accurate .32 ACP but I hate reassembling it after cleaning it. If it’s not the sideplate covering the safety catch constantly falling off then it’s the barrel retainer not staying aligned and if not that there is always something else causing me grief. Today I managed to lose my grip on the slide and got some skin caught between the ejection port and the barrel. Once I get it assembled I always entertain the thought of selling the darn thing. I think the real issue is I just don’t break it down and reassemble it enough.

IMG_4735.JPG

I have the same issue with my Rock Island XT22 Magnum. It's one of my favorites to shoot, but the disassembly process is a nightmare. I'd like to think I'll eventually improve my technique, but my hands aren't getting any better with age. Starting out with Glocks did not prepare me for disassembling and cleaning anything remotely based on the 1911 manual of arms.

LOL, that's exactly how I clean my Hi-Point 380. I've owned this pistol for19 years and I've never disassembled it yet it still goes bang everytime I pull the trigger.

I wouldn't ordinarily recommend it, but if the gun was a particular PITA to strip I would consider it. At least until it started malfunctioning. Someone around here ( Possibly Hans) has a Glock that hasn't been cleaned in about 5000 rounds and it still functions perfectly.

I have a love/hate relationship with my CZ 27. I love shooting this accurate .32 ACP but I hate reassembling it after cleaning it. If it’s not the sideplate covering the safety catch constantly falling off then it’s the barrel retainer not staying aligned and if not that there is always something else causing me grief. Today I managed to lose my grip on the slide and got some skin caught between the ejection port and the barrel. Once I get it assembled I always entertain the thought of selling the darn thing. I think the real issue is I just don’t break it down and reassemble it enough.

View attachment 12284
I am having good results from both of these, as a way to quick-clean right after the range and reduce those full “cleaning sessions “ to every 4th or 5th trip.
Caveats: Still best to remove slide to blast out grime; obviously the further your willing
F117F128-711F-4B7B-9A62-B0AAF73DF71A.jpeg
to break down, the better (presumably) the results and i guess at a certain point along that path you might as well do the traditional cleaning! Still have to re-oil, btw.

I wouldn't ordinarily recommend it, but if the gun was a particular PITA to strip I would consider it. At least until it started malfunctioning. Someone around here ( Possibly Hans) has a Glock that hasn't been cleaned in about 5000 rounds and it still functions perfectly.
Had, but yes. A Glock 21, fed pretty much exclusively steel cased.

It's still running; the person I sold it to still has it running strong.

Back