testtest

Pocket pistols

A Kahr PM9 DLC w/nite sites is my pocket pistol.

1703385449459.png

Got this one in my hip pocket as I write this. Granted it's not a pocket pistol, a pocket revolver instead lol.

View attachment 49144
I've carried a S&W 638 J-Frame in my pocket many times over the years. When I lived in Arkansas I kept it loaded with snake shot to deal with the aggressive Cottonmouth poisonous snakes that sometimes came up to my property from the nearby creek.

I recently bought a used Springfield Armory XDS in 45 acp (4.0 barrel). It came with the extended magazines but not the 5 round magazine. I ordered a 5 round magazine from Gun Mag Warehouse that should arrive in the next few days. I'm going to see if I can "pocket carry" it with a pocket holster and smaller magazine.

As much as I like 38 special (638) I think I'd be even happier carrying a XDS in 45 acp now that I live in a small town in Texas and don't normally encounter snakes but I'm aware of 2 legged predators and such...:)

Attachments

• 20231227_090944.jpg
    20231227_090944.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
I've carried a S&W 638 J-Frame in my pocket many times over the years. When I lived in Arkansas I kept it loaded with snake shot to deal with the aggressive Cottonmouth poisonous snakes that sometimes came up to my property from the nearby creek.

I recently bought a used Springfield Armory XDS in 45 acp (4.0 barrel). It came with the extended magazines but not the 5 round magazine. I ordered a 5 round magazine from Gun Mag Warehouse that should arrive in the next few days. I'm going to see if I can "pocket carry" it with a pocket holster and smaller magazine.

As much as I like 38 special (638) I think I'd be even happier carrying a XDS in 45 acp now that I live in a small town in Texas and don't normally encounter snakes but I'm aware of 2 legged predators and such...:)
Nice but I will stick with the little Taurus, do not feel under gunned in my AO.

Traded my LCP2 in for the LCP MAX when it came out mainly for the better sights. LCP MAX w/Viridian green laser with 12 round mag in pocket holster fits in the pocket just fine for those occasions when the HELLCAT PRO IWB doesn't workout.
I have been thinking about trading my LCP II in on the LCP Max . Is the trigger about the same on the max as on the LCP II ? I know the sights are much better

Back in the day one of my first guns was Raven 25 wish I still had it . I like pocket pistols
Have to tell a story about Raven 25's. I responded to a shooting call. Upon arrival two so called friends had shot each other over a domino game. Witnesses said one guy bumped the table knocking the other guy's dominoes over. They both drew their Raven 25's and shot each other. Table bumper was shot in-between his nose and left eye instantly killing him. The other guy was hit above his right eyebrow. The bullet followed the curvature of his head exiting from the back of his head. He survived and was charged with murder. I know this isn't a funny story but surely interesting.

My newest acquisition, a P365 380 with a 12 round mag, slips easily into my pocket in a Desantis pocket holster and doesn't print. Around the house, I'll carry a spare 12 round mag clipped inside the pocket on the support hand side in the nylon athletic pants or shorts I'm wearing. The longest shot I'd have to make there is about 15 yards. When out around town, I'll carry the same way except the spare 12 round mag or two are on my belt IWB.. I'm contemplating the addition of the new Romeo X Compact Optic but really like the SigLite night sights that came on the pistol. Shot 700 rounds of range and SD ammo without a single failure so far. A friend at the range I belong to has that optic on his P365 380 so I'll ask for a test fitting and draw when I see him at the club meeting next week. That said, I can pocket carry my Hellcat with RMSc and 15 round mag without issues in most pants, although I also have IWB and OWB holsters for the Hellcat should the occasion dictate. Currently have candidates, IWB and OWB, specifically made for the new pistol.

Last edited:
I've never carried a 'pocket pistol' since I am generally wearing jeans which are tight enough to not allow for pocket carry. But, if I ever decide to, I have a tiny Phoenix .22cal that's about as small as any I've ever seen. It's a good little shooter and a lot of fun and I almost always take it to the range with whatever else I'm shooting that day.

I don't know how old it is but I've had it for many years and have started a lot of young folks into the shooting sports with it. It's kind of unique too in the way it breaks down for cleaning.

Back