testtest

POF Tombstone

My dad back in the day carried a rifle with him because of snakes and yotes. He shot off of his horse and got ejected. Lukily he was riding with another person who was on another horse to fetch his that ran away. He was possible on a paint! Now that makes sense knowing the horses my grandparents had. He didn't ride a thoroughbred it would've been a longer fall!

🤪

I'll bet 99.999999999% of the "real" cowboys in my state will stick with something more capable in their scabbards.
Some Cowboys I've known don't think it's a real lever action unless it's has wood and it's a 30-30 Winchester. They're kind of like some gun people I know who think a 1911 in 9 mm isn't a real 1911.

To each their own.

To me this rifle looks kind of funny with lever action and longer magazine. It does look like a rifle that could serve a purpose. Just something about the looks of it doesn't sit well with me. Maybe the looks would grow on me.

A pawn shop near my house had a Henry lever action, magazine fed, in 6.5 Creedmoor. I handled it and it was just a little too heavy for me. I went back to the pawn shop a couple of days later to fondle it again, but it had been sold. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Some Cowboys I've known don't think it's a real lever action unless it's has wood and it's a 30-30 Winchester. They're kind of like some gun people I know who think a 1911 in 9 mm isn't a real 1911.

To each their own.

To me this rifle looks kind of funny with lever action and longer magazine. It does look like a rifle that could serve a purpose. Just something about the looks of it doesn't sit well with me. Maybe the looks would grow on me.

A pawn shop near my house had a Henry lever action, magazine fed, in 6.5 Creedmoor. I handled it and it was just a little too heavy for me. I went back to the pawn shop a couple of days later to fondle it again, but it had been sold. I guess it wasn't meant to be.
Teddy Roosevelt would beg to differ…

It's in the new Guns and Ammo mag. There's a mention of it on the cover.
It's the first thing I looked at. I really like it, but not for $2000

I am actually seriously considering a tactical lever action, but costs is a major prohibiter. I thought this was cool, but not for the price.

Teddy Roosevelt would beg to differ…

Not many men like Teddy Roosevelt out there...:)

Most cowboys I know can't afford to spend a lot of money for firearms. They'll spend money for a good saddle. I also know that some of them will hold on to a piece of equipment for a long time because of their limited budget.

A 30-30 Lever action they can use for Coyotes and other critters is something they'd be more interested in than a fancy rifle. When M-1 Carbines were selling for $150 or less in the 1970's and early 1980's at the Army Surplus store lots of Cowboys/Ranchers down here bought them because of how handy that rifle was.

If they make one in .45 with 20+rd capacity, I’ll likely get it…
So after calling it an ugly gun I will say this, after watching the video, if they made the gun slightly less tactile looking (ie) the stock and hand guard and chambered it in 45-70 that would be a kick … rifle.

Spending 15 years working for Marlin Firearms I’ve always been a serious fan of lever action rifles and was very close to being able to build my own Guide Gun in 45-70 with a pistol grip stock and 16 inch barrel. It would have been a (one of) and I had permission from the owner to proceed, unfortunately the sale of Marlin to Remington killed that dream.

So after calling it an ugly gun I will say this, after watching the video, if they made the gun slightly less tactile looking (ie) the stock and hand guard and chambered it in 45-70 that would be a kick … rifle.

Spending 15 years working for Marlin Firearms I’ve always been a serious fan of lever action rifles and was very close to being able to build my own Guide Gun in 45-70 with a pistol grip stock and 16 inch barrel. It would have been a (one of) and I had permission from the owner to proceed, unfortunately the sale of Marlin to Remington killed that dream.
A 10 round drop mag in 45-70 would be awesome!

Back