testtest

Police vs. the Sheriff shootout (1899).

I've walked the street where the gunfight in Hot Springs occurred many times. The city was full of barely concealed vice and corruption until the late 1960's when newly elected republican governor, Winthrop Rockefeller, brought in a new state police colonel to clean it up. Downtown Hot Springs is a very picturesque city.

By the way, the book "Hot Springs" about Bob Lee Swagger's father is a great read and although the story is fiction the site locations on the book were very well researched and spot on.

I've walked the street where the gunfight in Hot Springs occurred many times. The city was full of barely concealed vice and corruption until the late 1960's when newly elected republican governor, Winthrop Rockefeller, brought in a new state police colonel to clean it up. Downtown Hot Springs is a very picturesque city.

By the way, the book "Hot Springs" about Bob Lee Swagger's father is a great read and although the story is fiction the site locations on the book were very well researched and spot on.
I have read every one of the Swagger books. Stephen Hunter is a gripping writer.

Back