testtest

Police Week: Thin Blue Line true meaning...

Just thought I'd share this here also, even thou most here are intelligent enough not to believe everything they see or read on the internet. lol

It's a video I did explaining the common belief of the start and the history of the thin blue line, and a bonus clip at the end. It's political, but more educational. It's only political because people made it political.

Was more for family and friends, because I am not a professional speaker or videographer. Just a big police supporter. Tell me what you think. And Thanks for this community.

BTW mods, if this is out of line in today's sensitive internet, please accept my apology and delete. ;)

The “thin blue line” is definitely a cop thing and I’ll state for the record that I do support law enforcement, that being said and this is ( my opinion)
I believe somewhere between 60-70% of those on the job are decent and have good intentions. Of course those percentage numbers are openly debatable and change based on geography. The remaining 30-40% are nothing more then arrogant racist power hungry pieces of 💩 that feel as soon as they put on the badge they are better then those who pay their salaries.
Don’t get me wrong I completely understand law enforcement is a tough job, they have a job to do and then are crucified when they do it.
I’ll end this mild rant by saying this, law enforcement on any level is an organization and for any organization to allow its members (employees) to blatantly lie and get away with it is disgusting. Once again my opinion.

The “thin blue line” is definitely a cop thing and I’ll state for the record that I do support law enforcement, that being said and this is ( my opinion)
I believe somewhere between 60-70% of those on the job are decent and have good intentions. Of course those percentage numbers are openly debatable and change based on geography. The remaining 30-40% are nothing more then arrogant racist power hungry pieces of 💩 that feel as soon as they put on the badge they are better then those who pay their salaries.
Don’t get me wrong I completely understand law enforcement is a tough job, they have a job to do and then are crucified when they do it.
I’ll end this mild rant by saying this, law enforcement on any level is an organization and for any organization to allow its members (employees) to blatantly lie and get away with it is disgusting. Once again my opinion.
Actually, I agree with you nearly 100% I would disagree with your number, my experience based on 30+ years would say more like 95% are decent and have good intentions... and 5% are what you say. BUT it seems like more because you only see and read about the bad ones.

jmo

(and thanks to this community, this is the only place I got any comments on my video. Hell I even lost 10 you tube followers since posting this yesterday. lol. funny.)

Actually, I agree with you nearly 100% I would disagree with your number, my experience based on 30+ years would say more like 95% are decent and have good intentions... and 5% are what you say. BUT it seems like more because you only see and read about the bad ones.

jmo

(and thanks to this community, this is the only place I got any comments on my video. Hell I even lost 10 you tube followers since posting this yesterday. lol. funny.)
My numbers were based on or as mentioned geographical location, some areas have gotten to a point that departments are recognizing the need to be transparent others not so much.
Something not mentioned is the size of the department and age of officers.

As a police executive in two agencies over a 42 year period I interviewed and hired many, and disciplined, commended, and fired a few officers.

I can tell you without a doubt that recruitment, selection, training, and discipline determine the quality of police service in your community. In response to Keystone's remark on numbers above, I agree that there are some individuals who want a badge for power and ego or other inappropriate motivations. Professional organizations understand that proper recruitment and selection weeds out most of those unsuited for police work, but now and again one slips through. Most of those who slip through the screening process are eliminated during field training or during their probationary period. Even then a few mistakes will be made but when you look at the millions upon millions of citizen contacts those officers have every year, the number of negative experiences is infinitesimally small. In my experience the number of officers who are honorable and honest in service to the community far exceeds the 95% number.

Professional law enforcement is expensive. If you want to hire college educated and/or experienced officers in a competitive job market, pay scales and benefits must be competitive. To have a robust recruitment program, investment in time and travel is necessary. Proper screening of applicants involving multiple applicant board interviews and psychological screening costs money and manpower. Law Enforcement agency accreditation, which requires the agency to adhere to a rigid set of professional standards, is manpower intensive and does not allow for cut corners in any aspect of policing, from hiring practices to staffing to training to complaint investigation to discipline. And you cannot overlook or neglect your dispatchers. The first contact a citizen has when calling for service is the dispatcher, and they often determine the quality of information the officers have to act upon.

Now here lies a conundrum. There are about 17,000 law enforcement agencies in the U.S., ranging from primitive to highly professional. Many agencies do not have the funding or resources or sophistication to meet the bar of professionalization. If you do not fund and staff to front-load your hiring process and do not maintain professional standards, you are going to be disappointed with your police service. Leadership and funding drive the standards. Your experience with law enforcement depends on where you are in large part. This is why I have always said that every community gets precisely the quality of police service that they deserve.

Half or more of my friends are cops. There are definitely power hungry and racist cops ( not all of whom are white) but the number is nowhere near 30-40 %. I'd be surprised if it was 10%

Here's a thing. When we were kids running amok those numbers were the same. I got my ass beat by cops a couple times. When I decided to not be a smart ass, test them and outright verbally abuse them that stopped. Even a racist power hungry cop isn't going to beat your ass if you do as you're directed and treat them with a little respect.
Having grown up in a racially charged city ( St. Louis, Mo.) I can also tell you that most people who are called racist aren't really racist. I have no ill feelings or feelings of superiority over blacks or other races, but if you spend half an afternoon anywhere north of Delmar Blvd. you will come away with a healthy disdain for the street thugs. A whole lot of people were never anywhere close to being racist until they had to deal with them, get robbed by them, whatever. 50 years of it and I assure you I can spot the difference between a black man and a piece of street garbage almost instantly. Now I live in rural methland 40 miles south of the city and I can assure you I can spot the difference between a white man and a piece of street trash almost instantly too. So if I'm racist, I am an equally opportunity racist. I hate everybody.

Back on point, the vast majority of cops are doing a thankless job that regular citizens don't want anything to do with and they're doing it for right above poverty wages. I thought about going to the academy, but I couldn't afford the massive paycut. And I dig ditches for a living.

Much respect for law enforcement. Note. All professions have those that achieve excellence and those that do not. True change comes from within the ranks. It requires intestinal fortitude to call someone out for unprofessional behavior.

jmo

If they left because of that, then they were in wrong place to begin with. They are better off with other sites.

There are bad eggs in ANY group, sadly these have been more visible, partly to serve political purposes. In my interactions, known many law enforcement professionals both family and friends over many years, the numbers of bad, are very low and most do not last long. Trust me, cops have a bigger disdane for rotten cops than the public.

With all the defund garbage some places are finding they are getting the results they created. I say good, they wanted less police coverage and interaction that's what they are getting, enjoy. And when your tax payers decide they have had enough your tax base will go the same route...

We support the good ones here...

Last edited:
Back