testtest

Poll: Your Carry Choice Influence

What best influences your carry choice day to day?

• Where you are going?

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Time of day or night?

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Clothing you're wearing?

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Physical capability?

• Something else

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing...I carry the same weapon regardless

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • Season?

• Total voters
I used to carry subcompacts because they were easier to conceal but that was a trade-off because I don't shoot them very well. Once I got more comfortable with concealed carry I just switched to a Glock 19 because with the right holster it barely prints and I shoot it much better than I would any type of subcompact, it just makes me more comfortable all the way around. I know there's always a trade-off but with the G19 it seems to meet in the middle on all the points for me.

I'm a small person, so winter is my favorite season...I can carry my big gun ;). All kidding aside though, I am still messing with this gun and that gun, trying to find the most comfortable system. I carry a Kimber micro 9 now because it is easiest for me to conceal. I switch between that and my Hellcat. Can't carry at work (where I practically live, lol), they don't even tolerate firearms on the property (not that they would know what's in my vehicle). I digress...

I really love my Pro Carry, AND the 9MM Ronin. Working on ways to conceal those babies, because a girl needs choices...and I love my bigger guns. :cool:

These days about 50 percent of the time it's a snubnose in the hip pocket, about 25 percent of the time it's a model 60 owb on the hip, and 25 percent it's one of several pistols owb on the hip.

Pistols are basically carried in warmer weather most and revolvers in all weather but almost exclusively in cold weather.

My daily carry depends primarily on what I am wearing. Most days I will carry the Hellcat Pro IWB (jeans, cargo shorts. Etc.) but I carry the XD 9 Subcompact OWB when I am wearing a suit, sports coat or winter coat.

I also carry the Subcompact IWB on occasion. I will be working my XDM Elite 45ACP, 3.8 in, into the rotation soon.

The Hellcat is the slimmest and easiest to conceal but I shoot the XD best.

I used to carry different guns, now it’s same gun different holsters depending on weather/ what I am wearing. Pocket carry or iwb on my hip.

Although it’s still nice to tote a full size gun, my p226 or 1911, around now an again. These days it’s a rarity. Maybe when my kids are older I will switch to a larger gun but the p365 works just fine for now.

Back