testtest

Post your Saturday night jams ... or your fav music ...

Another video with the studio track dubbed over some film footage. Probably not even the same song.

An interesting note about this song though. If you watch the official video (
) It would appear that the vocalist for the song was Joe Egan, when it in fact was Gerry Rafferty. It was done like that on purpose, although I forget why now.

Another video with the studio track dubbed over some film footage. Probably not even the same song.

) It would appear that the vocalist for the song was Joe Egan, when it in fact was Gerry Rafferty. It was done like that on purpose, although I forget why now.
Not it but good video:

Best I can find:

Best I can find:

There seems to be no end to the dubbed videos. I know, I have looked forever. One cool thing though. My wife was listening to some 70s channel on the internet and they played " RIght Down The Line". Only as I listened to it I noticed it was different from the studio release. So I Googled it and it turns out there was a release after Gerry's untimely death of a compilation album of demos. Which is very cool to hear familiar songs done somewhat differently.

This is not the demo, but the studio release. There is definitely someone keeping a lot of Gerry's material off the You tubes. I love the bass in this song.

On The last video posted, someone named Alan Rafferty, very likely family, posted video to Youtube. Lack of info may be for many reasons including grief. Hope not like Jimi Hendricks family and holding out for more money from what heard.

On The last video posted, someone named Alan Rafferty, very likely family, posted video to Youtube. Lack of info may be for many reasons including grief. Hope not like Jimi Hendricks family and holding out for more money from what heard.

There was some sort of legal fight over his estate after he died of liver disease ( alcohol). He never changed his will after his divorce and his ex wife and family inherited his estate and they were sued by his then girlfriend. She lost. Near the end of his life he became a recluse. He never was comfortable with fame.

I'm not sure about his family, other than he had a daughter.

Interestingly, his first band was a duo with Billy Connelly, who you may remember from TV shows like Head of the Class and a successful career as a comedian.

I have always liked this one:

Good one. Last night I decided to do a little googling. His daughter’s name was Martha and she says the song Baker Street is what killed him. She says he was largely perceived as a “ One hit wonder” which contributed greatly to his alcoholism. I do know that he was greatly disturbed by the state of popular music and the business in general and I seem to recall he wanted to start his own label or something. I think he bought a building somewhere out of the way. Maybe in Scotland where he’s from. The details are fuzzy in my brain but there was something like that happening.

Back