testtest

Post your Saturday night jams ... or your fav music ...

photo.jpg

I'm not a robot....trust me......

Hi,

I watched an episode of Unbroken Circle tonight and heard this Johnny Lee song for the first time. It brought a tear to my eye. This is real country music, love, faith, family, and truth. Even though this was recorded a few months ago, you could feel the emotion in his voice and in the room. He brought the crowd of country music heavyweights to their feet.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Mailman is one of my Top 3 all time Soundgarden songs.

Cornell was taken from us way too soon.

I feel fortunate enough to have seen Soundgarden live, as well as some Cornell solo stuff. But the icing on the cake for me was when I got to see Temple of the Dog at MSG. That show was insane.
Man, that must have been awesome. In 1990 I was fresh back in STL from LA and right in the thick of it musically speaking. I got to see AIC, Soundgarden, Nirvana and a S-ton of other great bands I couldn't know I wouldn't get the opportunity to see later. In '86, 87' I was on the strip hanging out with Motley Crue and GNR and bands like that. I got bored and came back to STL just in time. In the mid 80s I got to see RHCP when they were touring in a blue Chevy Van. My wife hung out with them in Dallas ( also Stevie Nicks) around the time they really broke big with BSSM and at home in STL I knew a girl who John Frusicante was banging and ended up getting high with him for a couple days until I had enough. That dude was out of his mind. I still gotta break out Niandra Lades and Usually Just a T-Shirt every once in awhile. I also am friends with the guy who built the 2 and 3 string guitars and basses for The Presidents of the United States. A luthier out of Seattle. I'm also a friendly acquaintance with a guy from the band The Undertakers who came out of Liverpool with The Beatles, knew them and even modded one of John's first Rickenbackers with a Bigsby. He went on to be a well known producer and he produced a couple tracks off of Led Zeppelin II.

Anyway, Mailman, Burden in My Hand and Like Suicide are songs that move me greatly. And if anyone is wondering or interested they are in an open G tuning. GCGCCE. Warning, once you start messing around with it there is no going back. I saw a Rig Rundown on their King Animal tour and they used 18 different tunings, and at least as many guitars each for Chris and Kim.

Last edited:
Back