testtest

Post your Saturday night jams ... or your fav music ...

A few years ago I had a fairly popular local cover band and this is one of the songs we did and is fairly indicative of the type of music we played. It always went over very well as did their other big song " Click, Click, Boom".

Growing up one of my daughter's best friends who is still a friend of the family ( I was in his wedding last year and ironically his last name IS Wedding) is the brother of the drummer.

Anyway, Turn it up and put on dark glasses like the cops in Texas.

I met these guys a couple times too. In fact the first time I met them they were touring on this album in 1994. They were the opener, Marilyn Manson came on second and the headliner was Danzig. Me and two of my friends were there to see Korn. No one even knew who they were. We were literally the only people thrashing around when they were up, no one else knew WTF was going on. They played the album in it's entirety. We got turned on to this album by a gal I was, uh, dating, who worked at a record store. Before the show I ran into Fieldy, the bass player. I recognized him from the CD cover and we ended up having some beers and smoking some reefer. I told him I thought they were going to be huge ( I was right). We ended up hanging out with them after the show.

Sadly, their debut album was nearly flawless, their sophomore album was pretty good and everything they have done since sucked.

This one's a killer though.

My band covered that song up there as well as this one. Dexter Holland's, the singer/rythym guitarist, girlfriend was killed in a car crash and he wrote this song. By the way, Dexter, by all accounts a punk rock acolyte, holds a PHD in molecular biology, is a pilot and has a successful hot sauce business.

Back