testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

My favorite rum:
30 yr aged
Mt Gay XO
Rum is my favorite as well.
Rum.JPG

Yummmy. Four Roses Single Barrel is a home run and you cannot beat Buffalo Trace for the price if you can find it. I just heard yesterday they dropped their distributor and are going with a large national one. Hopefully that makes it easier to find!

Yeah, it's funny - not all that long ago Buffalo Trace was the solid reliable standby that I knew I could find just about anywhere. Now it's some sort of highly sought-after bourbon that people are paying upwards of $30 or more for? I started talking with a guy last night at a local liquor store since we were both perusing the bourbon shelves. He was visiting from S. Carolina. He had a bottle of BT in his hand and said, "I can't find this anywhere back home," so I'm taking several bottles home with me.

On the other hand, I was recently in CA, and they had a bunch of it on the shelf at the supermarket for normal prices.

Yummmy. Four Roses Single Barrel is a home run and you cannot beat Buffalo Trace for the price if you can find it. I just heard yesterday they dropped their distributor and are going with a large national one. Hopefully that makes it easier to find!
Nope
Sazerac ditched their liquor network and went beer network.
I sell it.
It wont be any easier to find. It takes 6+yrs to age and 6-10 yrs ago they couldn't have predicted the following it has now ..
So until the larger capacity comes on line, it will be hard to get supply

Nope
Sazerac ditched their liquor network and went beer network.
I sell it.
It wont be any easier to find. It takes 6+yrs to age and 6-10 yrs ago they couldn't have predicted the following it has now ..
So until the larger capacity comes on line, it will be hard to get supply
ahh yeah that sounds more reasonable. I was half listening when I overheard. I am still hopeful.

I’m a hunter gatherer when it comes to alcoholic beverages: I don’t drink on a regular basis. I like nordic and germanic beer and alcohols/ schnapps/cloudberry vodka, Vitus/Dunkle/Munichen etc.

I also enjoy bourbon and traditional American Ale. My favorite bourbon is very affordable and when I bring it up it gets scoffed at by the whiskey snobs, and in the nature in keeping supply and demand low i’ll refrain from mentioning it.. I can’t seem to find the revolutionary era sour ales anywhere in my area so I rarely get to enjoy one. They are not as sour as many lactic acid and fruit based germanic ales, and most folks I have talked to have never had this type of ale. We had a local in my region that brewed this stuff years ago but he is no longer with us…

An honorable mention to this small local family owned brewery: everything they make is delicious.

I’m a hunter gatherer when it comes to alcoholic beverages: I don’t drink on a regular basis. I like nordic and germanic beer and alcohols/ schnapps/cloudberry vodka, Vitus/Dunkle/Munichen etc.

I also enjoy bourbon and traditional American Ale. My favorite bourbon is very affordable and when I bring it up it gets scoffed at by the whiskey snobs, and in the nature in keeping supply and demand low i’ll refrain from mentioning it.. I can’t seem to find the revolutionary era sour ales anywhere in my area so I rarely get to enjoy one. They are not as sour as many lactic acid and fruit based germanic ales, and most folks I have talked to have never had this type of ale. We had a local in my region that brewed this stuff years ago but he is no longer with us…

An honorable mention to this small local family owned brewery: everything they make is delicious.

That’s unfortunate on the sours; they’re quite prevalent at most of the local breweries…

In fact, I prefer a sour to follow a big DIPA like Hopslam; currently drinking a Remedy Kickball…nicely tart, resetting the tastebuds for (I think) a Dogfish Head 60 minute.

That’s unfortunate on the sours; they’re quite prevalent at most of the local breweries…

In fact, I prefer a sour to follow a big DIPA like Hopslam; currently drinking a Remedy Kickball…nicely tart, resetting the tastebuds for (I think) a Dogfish Head 60 minute.
All they brew here mainstream is IPA. The only IPA I like are DIPA and Triple. And Triple is not the best drinking beer: it’s us very casky. If I can find them in a not too sweet format: I don’t like to much sugar.

This looks interesting. I checked and El Segundo is an actual brewing company out in CA. I wonder if after several cans you get the urge to body slam someone? Perhaps KillerFord will jump on the bandwagon! I always liked Steve Austin and took my boys to see him wrestle when the WWF was in town many years ago. It was more fun than going to the cirus!
1678643706535.png

Stout, Porter as long as it's cold...prefer on tap vs bottle beer. Irish Whiskey only way to fly for me anyways.!!! Will drink most full bodied beers but will not touch lites & flavored beers...that's like drinking decaf coffee...no offense to the decaf drinkers...Secret to great grilling...always grill with a cold beer in one hand...now I'm getting hungry & thirsty...

One of the best I've had lately isn't quite as exotic but was a great sipper. Crown Royal salted caramel.
Was at the package store the other day...everyone grabbed that Crown Royal they ran out of the stuff in no time...so it must be good...I've never been a Crown Royal fan...but you got me curious.

Back