testtest

powder and load for 9mm

I previously loaded my 9mm with power pistol using 5.0 g and 124 gr bullet. I reloaded another 200 rounds the other day but mistakenly
used titegroup at 4.5 grains. I am asking if I can still shoot the later with titegroup knowing that they are overloaded because I used the wrong powder. the max load for titegroup according to lyman is 4.1 gr.

So you're asking if you can safely shoot ammo that you know is overloaded by 10%? Really? :oops:
It's not the overloading, but the pressure. Depends on where the load info came from as it's based on bullet manufacturer's data that is mostly under-rated power wise (experience-based answer). I tend to load at or over top listed data (some exceptions).

I previously loaded my 9mm with power pistol using 5.0 g and 124 gr bullet. I reloaded another 200 rounds the other day but mistakenly
used titegroup at 4.5 grains. I am asking if I can still shoot the later with titegroup knowing that they are overloaded because I used the wrong powder. the max load for titegroup according to lyman is 4.1 gr.
1) pull the bullets of all 200 rounds

2) empty the powder back into the Tite Group container.

3) READ the book on specs.

4) start over.

5) this is why i only buy 1 powder (TiteGroup in fact) for all my calibers.

When I reloaded I never did reload 9mm, didn’t like the taped case 9mm’s have, did reload just about everything else, just wasn’t a fan of reloading 9mm, just me, but no way in hades would I attempt to shoot those, do like @Old_Me said and play it safe

If I were you I would err on the side of caution, pull the bullets and start over.

Considering your making the original "mix-up" in type of powder, you might ought to consider wasting the powder after you pull them ... unless you can be ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY certain it was the 'Titegroup' you used. If by mistake you put 900 grns of 'Titegroup' into some other container (another powder), you're in even worse doo-doo then.

Just think about it! jj

buy this it works great
that's assuming, he loaded with a FMJ, or other coated bullet.

that may (or may not) work with lead bullets.

i know, i checked out a few bullet pullers, and they do say..."not for lead bullets"..this is true of the RCBS bullet puller set up, i wanted to buy.

someone (here i believe) then recommended Forster Products......and it works great.

This is a kinetic puller and the device never touches the bullet.
While I've never pulled lead bullets I have pulled many plates and fmj bullets and it works great.

Back