testtest

Power on the Cheap: Best Affordable 10mm 1911 Options

I got 2 of the 5 on the list and add the more $$$ 6" TRP to replace the RO Elite, then I got three (all over the $1K which some will argue is not affordable). Anyways, all nice firearms, at least the ones I own. Nice post Anni.

Long time 10mm owner/operator here.

No 1911's, only striker fired G20's and SA XDM 10mm.

Remember the issues Colt had back in the day with the 10mm in a 1911, but that's been resolved by all the manufacturers.

IMO the more weight in the slide in the strike-fired 10mm soak-up the recoil the best.

Long time 10mm owner/operator here.

No 1911's, only striker fired G20's and SA XDM 10mm.

Remember the issues Colt had back in the day with the 10mm in a 1911, but that's been resolved by all the manufacturers.

IMO the more weight in the slide in the strike-fired 10mm soak-up the recoil the best.
Yup agreed @Talyn, I also got all the Glock models in 10mm (G20,G29,G40 MOS w/Tijicon RMR), and the XDm 5.25" 10mm. I went with the TRP in 6" (although the shorter version was heavy too), just to add more weight (I figured, "what could it hurt 🤷‍♂️) ;).
Side note to Talyn: I finally got the CAA MCK for the G20/G21. I have it with the G20 now (had to remove the beaver tail grip on it for the slide door lock to engage though). But it goes well with the G19 MCK I have also. Thanks for your past help/knowledge concerning them. (y)

Did you G20 have an aftermarket frame because of the beaver-tail issue?

My G20 fit fine but on both MCK Gen 1s I have (G21 & G2)) I had to loosen the screws for the chassis halves to get things to lock in. I really have no need to remove either fast since I want both to be chassis-mounted, so that feature isn't an issue.

Based on how much I like the G21 MCK I'm going to get rid of my .45acp Kriss CRB.

I'd like to get a G19 MCK set-up but my G19 is a Gen 2 w/o the front rail needed for lock-up, and really don't want to buy another G19 Gen3-4 to go the MCK route unless I found a really good deal. But now-a-days that's not realistic. Maybe when things calm down.

Did you G20 have an aftermarket frame because of the beaver-tail issue?

My G20 fit fine but on both MCK Gen 1s I have (G21 & G2)) I had to loosen the screws for the chassis halves to get things to lock in. I really have no need to remove either fast since I want both to be chassis-mounted, so that feature isn't an issue.

Based on how much I like the G21 MCK I'm going to get rid of my .45acp Kriss CRB.

I'd like to get a G19 MCK set-up but my G19 is a Gen 2 w/o the front rail needed for lock-up, and really don't want to buy another G19 Gen3-4 to go the MCK route unless I found a really good deal. But now-a-days that's not realistic. Maybe when things calm down.
No aftermarket frame, just Glock's assorted different grip attachments that came with the firearm (small, Medium (which was already on G20), and large). I installed the Large because it felt better than medium and had more of a beaver tail than the other two. Unfortunately the MCK door would fully lock in the handgun with it on. (I had to do the same to the MCK holding my G19 which I also replaced with the Large grip before having to remove it). Both fit the MCK fine without any of Glock's grip attachments installed.

No aftermarket frame, just Glock's assorted different grip attachments that came with the firearm (small, Medium (which was already on G20), and large). I installed the Large because it felt better than medium and had more of a beaver tail than the other two. Unfortunately the MCK door would fully lock in the handgun with it on. (I had to do the same to the MCK holding my G19 which I also replaced with the Large grip before having to remove it). Both fit the MCK fine without any of Glock's grip attachments installed.
Hope the grip panels can handle these mits.......

1599077630525.jpeg

I have the G20 and I bought a 40 cal Wolf barrel for it, put on night sights, extended slide and mag releases and aftermarket trigger and is still way under the author's $1200.00 ceiling.

Back