testtest

Practical Skills: Speed Your Reloads

I am certainly a proponent of a person NOT having a bumbling or overly encumbered reload process. I feel similarly about the draw stroke. That said, I am not much concerned with SPEED as in measuring it. I consider a persons "speed" to be a by product of a smooth and well practiced maneuver. I guess what I am saying is that SPEED is not the primary goal, its simply a pleasant bonus. None of us are trying to get slower.. that is unless you are bumbling at your current pace. My goal is to be efficient in my movements and smooth/precise during their initiation.

I didnt watch the video or read the article but one thing I do that many do not, is that I look at the gun briefly during reload. I consider it an important enough process to get right the first time. Some seems to stress the blindfolded aspect of these things, its just not something I subscribe to. I wont say that its right or wrong. I look briefly when I reload, I look briefly when I re-holster. Conversely, I am not someone who performs press checks.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Practical Skills: Speed Your Reloads" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/practical-skills-speed-your-reloads/.

Very Good Article and excellent video guys, thanks!
Mentioning & actually showing reference points in reloads & explaining why hand, eye, finger placement is what really makes difference. While speed's very important, accuracy is more-so. Speed will come generally with repetition & practice. Two thumbs up!

I am certainly a proponent of a person NOT having a bumbling or overly encumbered reload process. I feel similarly about the draw stroke. That said, I am not much concerned with SPEED as in measuring it. I consider a persons "speed" to be a by product of a smooth and well practiced maneuver. I guess what I am saying is that SPEED is not the primary goal, its simply a pleasant bonus. None of us are trying to get slower.. that is unless you are bumbling at your current pace. My goal is to be efficient in my movements and smooth/precise during their initiation.

I didnt watch the video or read the article but one thing I do that many do not, is that I look at the gun briefly during reload. I consider it an important enough process to get right the first time. Some seems to stress the blindfolded aspect of these things, its just not something I subscribe to. I wont say that its right or wrong. I look briefly when I reload, I look briefly when I re-holster. Conversely, I am not someone who performs press checks.
Speed comes from efficiency - you might check out the article as you're putting words in my mouth. Eventually hand speed enters the equation - but that's down the line.

Smooth is fast.

Speed comes from efficiency - you might check out the article as you're putting words in my mouth. Eventually hand speed enters the equation - but that's down the line.

I simply read the title/looked at the photo and assumed that efforts toward a faster reload was the topic. My comments on that general subject are not reflective or responsive toward anything you may have said ( I dont know what you have said). Perhaps I have erred in not watching the video. I did not expect anyone to take my words as an inference toward anything you may have said. This is simply a common topic and I said the same thing I always say.

Although I stated in my comment that I did not watch the video or read the article, I will add ( for clarity) that my words have nothing to do with what you may have said in the article or the video. My words were simply a general thought on the subject of speed at it relates to reloads and the draw.

Back