testtest

Practice Distance

Keep in mind that if distance and circumstance are conducive, not engaging/disengaging and running out of danger might be the options that keep you vertical.

I agree 100% if you can avoid a situation then avoid it by all means.

However I personally think it is a good idea to practice at various distances. Reason I say this is from experience, a hand gun is NO match for a rifle, however I'm glad I have practiced shooting at long distance with a hand gun.
Sometimes just shooting back will keep heads down, It saved my life until I could get to my rifle.

I’m lucky to have two ranges that allow fast shooting (as long as the RSO’s know you from previous trips). My first volley is always a point shoot mag dump @10y. No holster draws so it’s a retracted low ready start. I figure this is as close as I’m going to get in a booth to what could happen defensively. Then I run a few mags of point shoot 3 rounds reacquire sight 3 rounds, to get my groupings to stay inside that 9/10 ring. Dang flyers 😝

I have done some “tac prac” with a league and got to hit some moving targets. They throw them in pretty randomly, maybe once a month. Unfortunately insurance won’t let us shoot while moving. There is a local outdoor range with private berms but I haven’t gotten around to joining yet.

Accuracy is unfathomably crucial: accuracy of a bad guy putting rounds on a good guy. Sadly and realistically, many bad guys are US military and foreign military trained killers.

Any hit on a bad guy is a good hit. Some are better than others, but any hit is a good hit.

Avoid, avoid, avoid, and avoid ad infinitum. I'd much rather be a live witness than a dead hero.

If avoidance ain't an option, do not get shot.

Back