testtest

Precedent Setting Case

Having family members who suffer with mental illness, I practice extreme caution to ensure my guns are secured when they visit. I can’t imagine for a second handing them a gun.

Perhaps if more parents were held accountable for the actions of their children, this world might be a better place.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/23/...ytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare
i had to read the article to remind myself, that his dad bought him a gun......i recall this story.

the parents ARE to me guilty of the shootings, and should serve a lot of time in prison.

as for the kid?

lock him up in a mental ward, he will never be cured.

that's what we need, more mental wards, not this BS, that those places are cruel.

on the contrary, they are "safe places" for the mentally ill to be kept.

not free to roam the streets, to hurt or kill many innocent people.

i always felt this way about mental wards/hospitals, etc......and WILL NOT change my mind about them.

NYT political agenda aside Not sure where you are going with this NY Times article however Castle Doctrine does not give anyone the rite to murder. The force still hard to be “reasonable”

NYT political agenda aside Not sure where you are going with this NY Times article however Castle Doctrine does not give anyone the rite to murder. The force still hard to be “reasonable”

one is not supposed to go outside thier home to shoot someone.

“The fact that they bought him a gun when he had these profound mental health problems, that’s pretty reckless,” Mr. Busch said.
Can't disagree with this statement, so, charge them with reckless endangerment or some such.
Involuntary manslaughter That's a BIG Strech. This is just an attempt to demonize guns, gun owners and make people fearful of having anything to do with firearms.
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Don't believe me?
"Unable to post a combined $1 million bail, the parents have been held in the Oakland County Jail for more than two years."
How many Violent criminals get turned lose before trail in Michigan every week? When is the last time some kid got drunk/high crash his/her car killing someone, and the parents were charged as an accessory?

There are plenty of situations where shooting someone outside your home, even in a car, would be justified. Not in this case necessarily but….

The author of that article in “ The Hill” isn’t much smarter than the morons with an “ I don’t dial 911” sign. His claim that Castle or stand your ground doesn’t apply since your driveway is not a public space, is ludicrous and the stupidest thing I’ve read all day.

Convicted. I suppose her husband will take a plea now.

I didn’t tune in for everything however from what I did see it seemed to me the thing that hooked her for the jury was she was the one that took him to the range and everything else.

To me it’s also a slippery slope. A teenager can bypass about anything to get a firearm out of the house if they really want to. And while the parents of any kid should be more engaged the school allowed him to stay so to me there were several failures like there usually is in these cases!

In that case you are a participant. It's also often true of rip gangs who hurt somebody.

That's the distinction anyway.
In Federal court the persons can catch a conspiracy case even if the actual crime (su murder) never happens. Usually if 2 or more the US Attorney office will always tag on a conspiracy enhancer.

That’s been my experience within DOJ.

Back