testtest

Preferred AR Mags and Replacement Parts

Try Palmetto State Armory and/or Classic Firearms. I needed to pick up about 3-4 30rd Pmags for the new Sig M400 and they had the cheapest prices and were in stock.

Try Palmetto State Armory and/or Classic Firearms. I needed to pick up about 3-4 30rd Pmags for the new Sig M400 and they had the cheapest prices and were in stock.

They usually run $12.99 at PSA for Gen 2. I got them 10 for $108 from MagShack a couple months ago. I am thinking about getting the 10 for $149 deal on the Gen 3 from PSA along with one of their lower build kits.

I like to buy from Joe Bob Outfitters if prices are close. Joe Bob offers free shipping on orders over $90 and may not charge sales tax, depending on your state of residence. They also offer a 5% discount for active and honorably retired LEO/Military. Gen 2 Magpuls are currently $11.95, and the savings from free shipping add up.

No reason why they shouldn’t, but every rifle can have its idiosyncrasies.

Buy a couple, test them, and if you’re good to go, stock up.
Grabbed 2 more Gen 2's and 2 Gen 3's.
Typically how many do you guys have on hand for any particular rifle/caliber? I'm running 5 for the 5.56 and 5 for the .308

Grabbed 2 more Gen 2's and 2 Gen 3's.
Typically how many do you guys have on hand for any particular rifle/caliber? I'm running 5 for the 5.56 and 5 for the .308
I honestly don't know how many 5.56 AR mags I have in total...north of 200, easily...but, in ready to go? I have a Midway Bail Out Range Bag for both 5.56 and .308 AR’s (Green for 556, Gray for .308); they hold 6 mags each. I also have a few ammo cans with loaded magazines in them—but that’s just 5.56.

I've got about a dozen, all told, magazines for my .308 AR; all PMags, 6x20’s, 4x25’s, and a couple of 10’s (nice for shooting off the bench)...and I’m pretty comfortable there. That doesn’t mean I won’t pick one up when I’m at a gun shop and I’m making my obligatory purchase after handling a few guns that I’m not gonna buy that day, though.

I honestly don't know how many 5.56 AR mags I have in total...north of 200, easily...but, in ready to go? I have a Midway Bail Out Range Bag for both 5.56 and .308 AR’s (Green for 556, Gray for .308); they hold 6 mags each. I also have a few ammo cans with loaded magazines in them—but that’s just 5.56.

I've got about a dozen, all told, magazines for my .308 AR; all PMags, 6x20’s, 4x25’s, and a couple of 10’s (nice for shooting off the bench)...and I’m pretty comfortable there. That doesn’t mean I won’t pick one up when I’m at a gun shop and I’m making my obligatory purchase after handling a few guns that I’m not gonna buy that day, though.
Glad im not the only one who feels guilty handling some firearms you know damn well you aren't gonna buy that day. hahah. I guess when I have more ammo on hand for each caliber I can up the mag count, but for now Im good at 5/ea

Thanks for the input as usual!

Glad im not the only one who feels guilty handling some firearms you know damn well you aren't gonna buy that day. hahah. I guess when I have more ammo on hand for each caliber I can up the mag count, but for now Im good at 5/ea

Thanks for the input as usual!
It's not so much of a big deal to me at big chain retailers, like Cabelas, etc...but at small gun stores, I always like to make a small purchase, $10-20, every time I go in (unless they're just unpleasant, in which case I won’t be back), especially if I’ve handled a gun I’m not buying. It's a bit about building a relationship; after a while, they know that you spend money with them, and you can sometimes get deals on guns, or they keep you in mind when you say you’re looking for certain things.

It probably hasn’t saved me any money, that's for certain...but it's fun to walk in and have them say “I've got something you might like...” and have it turn out to be something I REALLY like.

Is anyone else using these old TangoDown mags?

Attachments

• IMG_0823.JPG
    IMG_0823.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0825.JPG
    IMG_0825.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0827.JPG
    IMG_0827.JPG
    551 KB · Views: 113

I’m with you. I’m north of 200, split about even between metal and polymer.

Back