testtest

Preparing for the Unexpected — Self-Defense and Home Invasion

First line of defense .. 🐾🐾🐾🐾🐕🐕🐕🐕
Fido
Not too many perps like a snarly dog looking back at them
First line of defense: well lit exterior. Cameras. Reinforced door & locks. Alarm advertised (but not the system that’s actually installed). And then a dog.

No invasion beats an attempted; attempted, but can’t get in beats having to deal with one any day.

Having to actually “go to guns” means something mucked up badly.

First line of defense: well lit exterior. Cameras. Reinforced door & locks. Alarm advertised (but not the system that’s actually installed). And then a dog.

No invasion beats an attempted; attempted, but can’t get in beats having to deal with one any day.

Having to actually “go to guns” means something mucked up badly.
Windows are the easiest
Be in a home in 15 seconds

You gonna make some noise though bruh. ;)

Sliding glass doors are easy. All you need is a flat bar and you're in in 10 seconds. Modern houses built with vinyl siding are easiest. Unzip some siding, kick a hole through the crap they use for sheathing these days. Won't even trip an alarm unless you have proximitys.
If they want in, they’ll get in.
Smash your window and in the come. If they have a firearm and you dont, or not in reach.. well, rest is history.
Not all invasions are stealthy.
Lots of criminals could care less

You gonna make some noise though bruh. ;)

Sliding glass doors are easy. All you need is a flat bar and you're in in 10 seconds. Modern houses built with vinyl siding are easiest. Unzip some siding, kick a hole through the crap they use for sheathing these days. Won't even trip an alarm unless you have proximitys.

They would have trouble with our windows and sliding glass doors. It is part of the prep albeit somewhat expensive. The home is brick over concrete which is also expensive. Our exterior doors have steel mesh and are on steel reinforced frames set in concrete. Locks are Grade One commercial long throw pick resistant dead bolts. The alarm system is a custom design with a week of battery backup. A whole house generator on natural gas takes care of the power if the electric grid fails. The interior walls are ArmorCore so people are not going to be able to shoot through our interior walls.

Is all of this expensive? Yes, but well worth it if it means neither my wife or I have to shoot people which is our goal. It doesn't mean we wouldn't shoot, but rather we are willing to spend money to avoid it if at all possible.

We travel too much to have a dog.

Last edited:
However, if intruders are also running NVG with supplemental IR illumination, then they're likely not your run-of-the-mill dirt-bag intruders. They'll light up thru NVGs.

Then I'd turn off your own IR illumination.

They would have trouble with our windows and sliding glass doors. It is part of the prep albeit somewhat expensive. The home is brick over concrete which is also expensive. Our exterior doors have steel mesh and are on steel reinforced frames set in concrete. Locks are Grade One commercial long throw pick resistant dead bolts. The alarm system is a custom design with a week of battery backup. A whole house generator on natural gas takes care of the power if the electric grid fails. The interior walls are ArmorCore so people are not going to be able to shoot through our interior walls.

Is all of this expensive? Yes, but well worth it if it means neither my wife or I have to shoot people which is our goal. It doesn't mean we wouldn't shoot, but rather we are willing to spend money to avoid it if at all possible.

We travel too much to have a dog.
Ready for the purge or what....😜👍

So when they make it past Fido, and are “inside my home” at night, there will be no weapon lights.

They will have no clue where I am.
I own the night
View attachment 26411
B84CEB64-CB04-42A5-84BC-09517A327475.gif
“I’m Batman.”

“Whats that, KF? I can’t hear you with all this NV gear on.”

“I’m Batman.”

“You’re right, it is hot man.”

“I’M BATMAN!”

“I thought you owned the night.”

“That too.”

“Ok, then.”