testtest

President Biden’s Budget Request Targets Firearm Industry

More rhetoric from this current administration, this time it’s in his budget request.

My interest in the fact 2A supporters supposedly get worked up over gun legislation when they themselves aid the anti firearms crowd wanes immediately when they use one term:

Assault Rifle

DO NOT write an article nagging on the Left when one is using a term that is not correct and is foundation to their anti gun movement.

An Assault Rifle does not exist. Call it what it is.
A Rifle. A Semi Automatic Rifle. A Modern Sporting Rifle.

Cannot stand when a pro gun and 2A supporter says Assault Rifle. Must less writes it in a firearms article or news

Rant over

My interest in the fact 2A supporters supposedly get worked up over gun legislation when they themselves aid the anti firearms crowd wanes immediately when they use one term:

Assault Rifle

DO NOT write an article nagging on the Left when one is using a term that is not correct and is foundation to their anti gun movement.

Cannot stand when a pro gun and 2A supporter says Assault Rifle. Must less writes it in a firearms article or news

Rant over
Well said! Well said indeed KillerFord!

One Question though. As I also agree that there is no such thing as an "Assault Rifle" What dose the "AR" stand for in AR platforms?

Armalite Rifle, after company who originally designed the AR-15 platform in the 1950's. (From the AR-10 as the original design was for the 7.62x51 NATO round, but the military wanted something lighter that allowed for more carried capacity.)

Oh ok, roger. Good to know. Thought maybe it stood for Automatic Rifle
Automatic Rifle is a good guess, Kodiak, if nevertheless incorrect (😉). Better than the media-misused Assault Rifle (which in its real context is a term more or less opposable to “battle rifle” - just serves to make a distinction between, say, an M-14 and an M-16 or Gallil style military weapon). Trouble is, the usual civvie AR-15 is semi automatic.

(A few times I’ve even heard Army Rifle… pick your fav term !).

Deuce is correct of course - it’s Armalite Rifle. There is no disagreement by any knowledgeable persons on that.

Last edited:
A somewhat sneaky move by the President, for sure. We are not getting our money’s worth out of our government, unfortunately. I know it is futile, but I wish the federal government would spend time solving our real problems instead of attacking the Second Amendment. Gun sales over the last few years demonstrate what the people think!

Assault Rifle

Rant over
Right on point. 👆👆👆👆👆

Automatic Rifle is a good guess, Kodiak, if nevertheless incorrect (😉). Better than the media-misused Assault Rifle (which in its real context is a term more or less opposable to “battle rifle” - just serves to make a distinction between, say, an M-14 and an M-16 or Gallil style military weapon). Trouble is, the usual civvie AR-15 is semi automatic.

(A few times I’ve even heard Army Rifle… pick your fav term !).

Deuce is correct of course - it’s Armalite Rifle. There is no disagreement by any knowledgeable persons on that.
Roger that! Thanks for making "AR" clear to me. I've been an avid Hunter all my life and am much more familiar with Ballistics and Bolt action platforms in many different makes and models. Not familiar with the AR platform at all. In fact I've only shot one once and that was 20 years ago, but by joining this forum. I'm slowly learning! I do like my Springfield M1A's though!!! Thanks alot guys! Shoot fun, shoot safe and shoot straight.

In the end does it really matter what a firearm is called? Does a name change it's function or intended use?

Calling firearms, assault rifles, ghost guns, street sweepers or even Saturday night specials are just political key words that are used to get the uninformed populace to back anti 2A political candidate's to push them into power through fear tactics with the threat of boogyman firearm's.

Ha ha ha! Why are half of you so surprised that I wasn't sure wut "AR" stood for in reference to AR platforms? Am I really that far out of the loop way up north here? I don't shoot AR's!
No, it's just a subject that's been beaten to death about every 3 months. It just goes to show that we can't assume anything. I hope you weren't put off by the "wow" emoji.

Back